Make your Oculus Quest VR headset even better today. From improved sound, easier travel options, and other cables, this guide goes through the best Oculus Quest accessories.
Some of these accessories can be used on all Oculus VR Headsets too.
If you have any other accessories you recommend, comment at the bottom of this guide!
- Oculus Quest
- Best Oculus Quest Accessories
- #1. Oculus Quest Travel Case
- #2 Oculus Quest Hygiene Cover
- #3. Oculus Quest Headset (for in-ear sound)
- #4. Oculus Link Cable
- #5. Oculus Quest Stand & Holder
- #6. Replacement Oculus Touch Controllers
- #7. Google Chromecast
- #8. Oculus Touch Hand Strap
- #9. Rechargable Batteries
- #10. Oculus Quest Double Handle Rifle Gun
- #11. KIWI Knuckle Straps
The Oculus Quest is a standalone VR headset that doesn’t require a connection to a nearby PC. You can immerse yourself into the virtual reality experiences without having to connect other go-between devices.
On its own, there is no need for a PC, smartphones, external cabling or external sensors. Generally, it offers you all that you need to get started in VR.
However, that doesn’t mean there aren’t other ways of enhancing the Virtual Reality experience through some extra accessories and add-ons. There are plenty of Quest accessories that you can use to go the extra mile with your Quest headset.
Below, look at some of the best Oculus Quest accessories in the marketplace. Purchase them to increase your Quest’s performance, comfort and functionality.
Best Oculus Quest Accessories
#1. Oculus Quest Travel Case
- Soft shell carry case with handle that houses Oculus Quest, Touch controllers, charge cable and adapter.
- Protects against drops, spray, sun and scratches.
- Portable - take it anywhere you go.
The Oculus Quest headset does not come with a portable carrying case or storage for the headset. However, this travel case for the Oculus Question is smooth and made for the hardware. From a utility standpoint, this is one of the most important Oculus Quest accessories.
Because the Oculus headset is highly portable, you will likely be carrying it around a lot to different venues. There is a high likelihood that it will end up with lots of scratches on the lenses or damage on the case.It is therefore important to buy a portable travelling case where you can place your Oculus Quest headset in when on the go.
This Oculus Quest travel case is beautifully and ergonomically designed with a tough exterior that protects your headset. If you would like to be more adventurous, it would be a no-brainer to try out this travel case.
#2 Oculus Quest Hygiene Cover
Over time, the part of the Oculus Quest which touches your face can build up with sweat, smell, and stains. These Oculus Quest hygiene covers are perfect to prevent any of this from happening. They are durable and easily swappable on your headset, which is nice.
Even if you don’t want an extra piece of foam, you can also buy a replacement piece of the one that comes with the headset too. Now you can workout in VR or have clean covers for when you have friends over to play some multiplayer VR games.
#3. Oculus Quest Headset (for in-ear sound)
- It's 3D printing, sturdy and durable,Custom Made for Oculus Quest VR Headset
- Lossless audio transmission, the headphone provide deep bass, crunchy mid-tones and clear treble to ensure fully immersive game experience.
- With this Clip earphone ,a better experience for playing the Oculus Quest
Oculus Quest has an in-built audio system producing sound from the head to the strap area. It offers a perfect immersive sound. Plus, you don’t have to position the device or any other audio device inside or over the ears.But the system still loses some detailed sounds, including ambient sounds.
The Oculus Quest headset has headphone jacks on both its sides. The Oculus Quest headphones are designed to readily plug into both headphone jacks to offer the wearer a more private and immersive audio experience.
#4. Oculus Link Cable
- Oculus Link connects Oculus Quest headset to a gaming PC so you can play a wide range of Oculus Rift apps and games.
- A fiber optic cable constructed from premium materials to deliver high-end performance gaming.
- The ergonomic design reaches 16-feet, providing a best-in-class experience with flexible, lightweight durability.
The Oculus Link Cord was one of the hottest Quest accessories at the close of the year in 2019. It enables you to connect your standalone Oculus Quest virtual reality headset into a VR-ready PC. When connected, you can access and play VR games on your Quest through the Oculus Link Beta.Oculus provided the technical specifications for the Oculus Link cable as well. This way, you don’t have to purchase the official Oculus Link cable which are expensive.
There are plenty of lower-priced alternatives that you can go for. Just make sure that they meet the technical specifications as set by Oculus. The cable should be a USB-C connection with a 3.0 specification. It must also have sufficient length that enables you to move around without any issues or inconveniences.
The official Oculus Link cable is of very high quality. It is thin, flexible and with a length of 5 meters. It’s an optical USB-C cord. The price might be prohibitive but it gives you the assurance of quality, reliability and excellent performance.
#5. Oculus Quest Stand & Holder
- SPECIALLY DESIGNED - made for displaying and storing the Oculus Quest, Oculus Rift and Oculus Rift S virtual reality headsets and touch controllers but will fit most headsets perfectly fine. Easy to use, with only four steps to assemble
- WIDE COMPATIBILITY - Compatible with most standard sized VR headsets including Oculus Quest, Oculus Rift, Oculus Rift S, Oculus Go, PSVR-Sony Playstation VR, HTC Vive and Pro, Vive Focus, Samsung Gear VR and most other all-in-one VR Glasses. Controller holder only compatible with Oculus Quest, Rift and Rift S
- 100% BRAND NEW - Made of high quality ABS plastics, VR Display Stand detachable design to be stored away and re-assemble in seconds easily. Put your VR glasses in the VR Stand to make your desktop neat and look spectacular.
If you want to display or store your Oculus Quest headset together, you can use the Oculus Quest Stand and Holder. Now your headset can sit next to other gadgets such as your TV or your gaming console.
It beautifully holds the Oculus Quest headset in place with the Touch Controllers hanging on its sides. You can also use this for the Oculus Rift S headset. It is easy to use and simple to assemble.
The alternative is to throw your headset and controllers in a cupboard when you are done with them. But that’s not cool or sexy!
#6. Replacement Oculus Touch Controllers
- Bring your real hands into virtual environments with this pair of controllers for Oculus Rift
- Natural gestures and finger movement create a sense of true hand presence for more realistic, memorable, and tactile VR
- Constellation tracking lets you manipulate objects in your virtual environment with extraordinary precision
The Touch Controllers are key for the Oculus Quest. They allow you to interact with games, apps, and the headset’s interface. The Touch Controllers that ship with the Oculus Quest are not as robust as previous versions.As a result, you can break a Touch Controller more easily.
The most likely part of the controller to break is the tracking ring on the top of it. It’s the thinnest point of the controller and the most likely to get hit. In addition to breaking a controller, you may lose one or both controllers or need a new one for any other reason.
While ordering a replacement Touch Controller isn’t cheap, it is very easy. Oculus sells the left and right controllers separately on their website. The website states that they’ll be dispatched in around two days, so you probably won’t have to wait very long to receive your replacement.
#7. Google Chromecast
No products found.
Using a Google Chromecast, you can cast the view from your headset and stream your Oculus Quest to a TV. The Chromecast can also connect to the web using an Ethernet connection. This streaming enables others around you to watch what is happening in Virtual Reality on a TV.
Chromecast is also a great accessory for demoing your Oculus Quest headset as other people can watch what you are doing in Virtual Reality. Users can watch and instruct other people who are not very familiar with the device. The Chromecast makes the VR headset a better party tool.
There are two types of Chromecast devices: the Chromecast and the Chromecast Ultra. The only difference between these devices is that with the Ultra, you can play 4K content. However, Oculus Quest is not a 4K device and there won’t be much of a difference when streaming with Chromecast or Chromecast Ultra.
If your TV is 4K, then the Ultra is perfect as it will stream full quality in other apps.
#8. Oculus Touch Hand Strap
- BETTER IMMERSION & PROTECTION - Specially designed this knuckle strap for Oculus Quest & Oculus Rift S Touch Controller, allows you release your hands from the controllers but keeps them in place which can add better immersions while in VR experience, also adds extra protection for your controllers with the wrist strap.
- WEAR RESISTANT & COMFORTABLE - The knuckle strap is made of high quality PU Leather material, it is non-slip, durable and comfortable. Wrist Strap is made of durable Polyester Cotton material, it's more comfortable and sweatproof than the original oculus wrist straps.
- ADJUSTABLE & SECURE - Nylon Magic Tape on knuckle strap and PC Sliding Piece on wrist strap for adjustable length, so the straps can be used with different sized hands and wrists, meanwhile the PC Sliding Piece will stay up by your wrist when tightened, make your wrist strap not easily loosen up.
There are various VR headset hand strap brands for your Oculus Touch controllers that you can find on Amazon. Hand strap modification makes your Touch Controllers feel a little like the acclaimed Index Controllers. Hand straps safely secure to your hands even when you are not gripping and using them.
These straps are high quality material. They are more sweat proof than the original wrist straps for the Oculus. As well, they are adjustable and secure to different sizes.
A lot of users mention that these hand straps are comfortable and make a difference in playing for long periods of time. If you get a little swing-y with your hands, these straps are a good Oculus Quest accessories to have.
#9. Rechargable Batteries
No products found.
Each of the Oculus Quest’s Touch controllers requires an AA battery. The worst feeling is when your batteries die in the middle of your session. If you are using your headset a lot, the Touch Controller battery is going to get depleted pretty quickly.
Grab these rechargeable batteries to help you enjoy an uninterrupted play time all day along. Rechargeable AA batteries will also save you money over the long haul and are great for environmental sustainability.
This kit comes with 8 batteries so that you’ll always have a few spares on hand when you need them.
#10. Oculus Quest Double Handle Rifle Gun
- The gun is 3D printing product!
- It is normal for some parts to have burrs or blemishes, which are different from those with smooth surface.
- Retractable butt length
If you play a lot of shooting games, then you need a rifle to improve your experience. It makes it feel like you are holding a real gun.
This double handle rifle gun works nicely. Your Touch controllers fit inside of the holder with a magnet and stay in place while you play. The double handle bracket controller is very ergonomic and feels comfortable in gameplay for long periods. The installation process is very easy. Plus, the gun feels sturdy and durable too.
The double handle bracket controller is very ergonomic and feels comfortable in gameplay for long periods. The installation process is very easy. Plus, the gun feels sturdy and durable too.
Here are some other VR gun controllers to check out.
#11. KIWI Knuckle Straps
- BETTER IMMERSION & PROTECTION - Specially designed this knuckle strap for Oculus Quest & Oculus Rift S Touch Controller, allows you release your hands from the controllers but keeps them in place which can add better immersions while in VR experience, also provides a better protection for your controllers.
- WEAR RESISTANT & COMFORTABLE - Made of high quality PU material, it is non-slip, durable and comfortable, makes you feel more enjoyable during your long game.
- ADJUSTABLE & PERFECT - Nylon Magic Tape design for adjustable length, it can be used with different sized hands, makes your hands and controllers perfectly fit.
KIWI knuckle straps for the Oculus Quest (and Rift S) do a better of holding your touch controllers in place while you play. They are an alternative to those who don’t like the flimsy soft strap that comes by default with the Oculus Quest.
These knuckle straps attach into place so that your controllers stay where they are when you take your hands off of them. This allows you to grip the controllers more comfortably when you need to.
A lot of Oculus Quest fans enjoy the added flexibility they get while wearing these.
Which of these Oculus Quest accessories is your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section!