Make your Oculus Quest VR headset even better today. From improved sound, easier travel options, and other cables, this guide goes through the best Oculus Quest accessories.
If you have any other accessories you recommend, comment at the bottom of this guide!
- What is the Oculus Quest?
- Oculus Quest Accessories for Counterweight
- KIWI Head Strap Counterweight
- VR Balance Counterweight And Comfort Kit
- VR Power Battery Pack and Counterweight
- Portable 10000mAh USB-C Battery Pack
- Oculus Quest Accessories For Comfort
- Oculus Quest Accessories For Protection
- Oculus Quest Travel Case
- Oculus Quest Stand & Holder
- Orzero VR Lens Protect Cover
- MagicFiber Cleaning Cloths
- Oculus Quest Hardware Accessories
- Oculus Quest Headset (for in-ear sound)
- Replacement Oculus Touch Controllers
- Oculus Quest Double Handle Rifle Gun
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Bluetooth Wireless Gaming Controller
- bHaptics Tactsuit For Full Body VR Tracking
- Kat Walk C VR Treadmill
- Google Chromecast
- Rechargable Batteries
- Oculus Quest Accessories for PCVR Gaming
What is the Oculus Quest?
The Oculus Quest is a standalone device that doesn’t require a connection to a nearby PC. You can immerse yourself into the virtual reality experiences without having to connect other go-between devices.
On its own, there is no need for a PC, smartphones, external cabling or external sensors. Generally, it offers you all that you need to get started in VR. It is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor running the Android operating system.
However, that doesn’t mean there aren’t other ways of enhancing the Virtual Reality experience through some extra accessories and add-ons. There are plenty of Quest accessories that you can use to go the extra mile with your Quest headset.
Below, look at some of the best Oculus Quest accessories in the marketplace. Purchase them to increase your Quest’s performance, comfort and functionality.
Oculus Quest Accessories for Counterweight
One of the biggest complaints about the Quest VR headset is that it is front-heavy in weight. Some users find that it places pressure on your face and can leave heavy rings and marks when you take it off. The Oculus Quest accessories below are counterweights designed to more equally balance the headset on your face.
KIWI Head Strap Counterweight
- Specially designed for Oculus Quest 2/Oculus Quest/ Oculus Rift Virtual Reality VR Headset. This headband can reduce head pressure and you won’t feel oppressive even after use Oculus Quest/Oculus Rift VR for a long time.
- Made of high quality PU Leather, this Oculus Quest 2/Oculus Quest/Oculus Rift headband is soft, comfortable, durable and easy to clean, makes you feel more enjoyable during your game.
- Nylon Magic Tape design for adjustable length, this Oculus Quest 2/Oculus Quest/Oculus Rift head strap can be adjusted to fit your head for your best comfort.
If you want a counterweight for the Quest without the extra battery power connection, this KIWI headband head strap is one of the top selling accessories of 2020.
Due to the self-contained headset, the Oculus Quest is front heavy by design. By default, the headband doesn’t really do much to alleviate the pressure that many eventually feel pressing against their face. Many users have taken to modifying the headband by including counterweights or going so far as to replace it entirely with alternatives.
Kiwi Design has attempted to address this issue with their Oculus Quest head strap. The strap promises to reduce the pressure felt by shifting the weight to the top of the user’s head. The head strap is made of good quality soft-touch material and is held in place with velcro.
Simply follow the included instructions and fix the strap in place and you’ll be done in about 15 seconds. You can make further adjustments when wearing to ensure the strap fits comfortably and close to your head.
Are you get more used playing virtual reality games for longer, a counterweight will make things more comfortable.
VR Balance Counterweight And Comfort Kit
Take a load off with the Oculus Quest VR Balance Comfort Counterweight! Like any hardware, the Oculus Quest is not without its faults. The most vocal fault is being a heavy front-end that can cause additional stress to a user’s neck during extended play sessions. This is where VR Balance comes in.
The VR Balance is designed to take the weight off the front of your headset. It attaches to the back of the Oculus Quest head strap via a removable Velcro design. It weighs around the same as three 10,000 mAh power banks. The mod redistributes weight across the headset, promising more comfortable immersive experiences in which you almost forget you’re wearing a headset.
You can even attach your personal power bank to the mod for even longer play sessions. The counterweight is one of the top Oculus Quest accessories.
VR Power Battery Pack and Counterweight
VR Power is a custom designed battery pack and counterweight for the Quest VR headset. It’s job is to extend the battery life and better balance the hardware on your face. Compared to other solutions, VR Power has a 1 year warranty and patent pending design.
You’ll get up to 8 hours of gameplay on your Quest with this attachment, roughly the same as any 10,000 mAh battery. An indicator on the device shows you your current battery level.
Another nice features on this verses other Oculus Quest accessories for power is that it includes 3 additional USB-C port on the outside so that you can plug in other accessories and charge your headset too. A cable management clip keeps cables out of your way too.
If you don’t like it for whatever reason, VR Power comes with a 14-day money back guarantee too.
Portable 10000mAh USB-C Battery Pack
- High-speed Recharging: Recharge your power bank faster than ever with a 5V/3A input
- Multi-output: Dual USB-A Outputs and A USB-C Input/Output, it can charge your devices simultaneously
- Powerful Charging On-the-go: Perfect portable charger for on-the-go
Seeking an effective way to extend the battery life of your Oculus Quest? One of the best Oculus Quest accessories is the AUKEY USB-C power bank. It can extend your headset’s battery life by many hours longer than the rated 2 hours. It allows you to put away your charging cable for longer or leave it at home while you travel.
This Aukey power bank has a USB-C port that can be used as an output and there are two USB-A ports. The USB-C port on this Aukey power bank has a 5V/3.0A (15W) charging speed and you can use a USB-C to USB-C charging cable to charge your headset with it.
The size of this power bank is one of the best parts of it, right next to the powering capabilities that it has. The charger has a length of 5.9 inches, a width of 2.8 inches, and it has a thickness of 0.9 inches. The weight of the charger is only 3.3 Ounces.
A lot of Quest owners attach this on to the back of the headset using these velcro strips to act as a counterweight. This makes the headset feel more comfortable on your face for long-term play.
Oculus Quest Accessories For Comfort
The Oculus Quest accessories listed below improve your comfort when using the device.
Oculus Quest Hygiene Cover
Over time, the part of the Oculus Quest which touches your face can build up with sweat, smell, and stains. These Oculus Quest hygiene silicon covers are perfect to prevent any of this from happening. This new facial interface is durable and easily swappable on your headset, which is nice.
Even if you don’t want an extra piece of foam, you can also buy a replacement piece of the one that comes with the headset too. Now you can workout in VR with a safe silicon cover that doesn’t let sweat soak in. Or grab clean covers for when you have friends over to play some multiplayer VR games.
The biggest praise for VR Cover is that the accessories feel more comfortable than the headset does by default. This extra comfort is key for extended sessions in virtual reality.
The hygiene cover is the top selling accessory for VR.
KIWI Knuckle Straps
- Better Immersion and Protection - Specially designed this knuckle strap for Oculus Quest & Oculus Rift S Touch Controller, allows you release your hands from the controllers but keeps them in place which can add better immersions while in VR experience, also provides a better protection for your controllers. Please Note : This product just for Oculus Quest 1, NOT for Quest 2.
- Wear Resistant and Comfortable - Made of high quality PU material, it is non-slip, durable and comfortable, makes you feel more enjoyable during your long game.
- Adjustable and Perfect - Nylon Magic Tape design for adjustable length, it can be used with different sized hands, makes your hands and controllers perfectly fit.
KIWI knuckle straps for the Oculus Quest (and Rift S) do a better of holding your touch controllers in place while you play. They are an alternative to those who don’t like the flimsy soft strap that comes by default with the Oculus Quest.
These knuckle straps attach into place so that your controllers stay where they are when you take your hands off of them. This allows you to grip the controllers more comfortably when you need to. Your TV and walls will thank you when you play Beat Saber and accidentally let go.
A lot of Oculus Quest fans enjoy the added flexibility they get while wearing these Oculus Quest accessories.
Oculus Touch Hand Strap
- Better Immersion and Protection - Specially designed this knuckle strap for Oculus Quest & Oculus Rift S Touch Controller, allows you release your hands from the controllers but keeps them in place which can add better immersions while in VR experience, also adds extra protection for your controllers with the wrist strap. Please Note : This product just for Oculus Quest 1, NOT for Quest 2.
- Wear Resistant and Comfortable - The knuckle strap is made of high quality PU Leather material, it is non-slip, durable and comfortable. Wrist Strap is made of durable Polyester Cotton material, it's more comfortable and sweatproof than the original oculus wrist straps.
- Adjustable and Secure - Nylon Magic Tape on knuckle strap and PC Sliding Piece on wrist strap for adjustable length, so the straps can be used with different sized hands and wrists, meanwhile the PC Sliding Piece will stay up by your wrist when tightened, make your wrist strap not easily loosen up.
There are various VR headset hand strap brands for your Oculus Touch controllers that you can find on Amazon. Hand strap modification makes your Touch Controllers feel a little like the acclaimed Index Controllers. Hand straps safely secure to your hands even when you are not gripping and using them.
These straps are high quality material. They are more sweat proof than the original wrist straps for the Oculus. As well, they are adjustable and secure to different sizes.
A lot of users mention that these hand straps are comfortable and make a difference in playing for long periods of time. If you get a little swing-y with your hands, these straps are a good Oculus Quest accessories to have.
Oculus Quest Accessories For Protection
The Oculus Quest accessories below help keep your headset safe and sound in your home or when you travel with it. No longer worry about nicks and scratches with these simple solutions for protection..
Oculus Quest Travel Case
- Soft shell carry case with handle that houses Oculus Quest, Touch controllers, charge cable and adapter.
- Protects against drops, spray, sun and scratches.
- Portable - take it anywhere you go.
The Quest headset does not come with a portable carrying case or storage for the headset. However, this official case for the Quest is smooth and made for the hardware. From a utility standpoint, this is one of the most important Oculus Quest accessories.
Because the Oculus headset is highly portable, you will likely be carrying it around a lot to different venues. There is a high likelihood that it will end up with lots of scratches on the lenses or damage on the case.It is therefore important to buy a portable travelling case where you can place your Oculus Quest headset in when on the go.
This official case is big enough to hold your headset, power cables, and a few other accessories that you need to bring along with you. It’s hard shell means that you can drop it or toss it where you need to and it will keep things safe.
This travel case is beautifully and ergonomically designed with a tough exterior that protects your headset. If you would like to be more adventurous, it would be a no-brainer to try out this travel case.
Oculus Quest Stand & Holder
If you want to display or store your Oculus Quest headset together, you can use the Oculus Quest Stand and Holder. Now your headset can sit next to other gadgets such as your TV or your gaming console.
It beautifully holds the Oculus Quest headset in place with the Touch Controllers hanging on its sides. You can also use this for the Oculus Rift S headset. It is easy to use and simple to assemble.
The alternative is to throw your headset and controllers in a cupboard when you are done with them. But that’s not cool or sexy!
Orzero VR Lens Protect Cover
- Specially Designed for the VR Lens of Oculus Quest 2, Oculus Quest.
- Easy to use and clean, lycra fabric material.
- Dust proof, collision-proof and scratch proof cover
It’s not just when you’re using the Quest that you need to protect the lenses. If you’re carrying the Quest anywhere, it’s very easy to accidentally brush it against something. That can result in the lenses being scratched without you even realizing it. The Orzero lens protective cover is one of the Oculus Quest accessories you need if you take your headset anywhere.
The Orzero protective dustproof cover is designed to avoid your lenses getting scratched. It simply clips over the end of your Quest and prevents all contact with the lenses. The cover is made with fabric to give it the stretch it needs to stay firmly in place over the end of your Quest.
The fabric is soft and guaranteed not to scratch your Quest lenses. It’s also dust-proof, scratch-proof, and even collision-proof. In short, it’s going to protect your Quest for you, and it looks pretty good at the same time.
Perhaps more importantly, this specially designed cover can be easily washed and reused on a regular basis. Of course, it won’t need washing often. But, if it does need it, you’ll be grateful that it’s possible.
MagicFiber Cleaning Cloths
- PREMIUM MATERIALS: Extremely high-quality, soft, microfiber material absorbs and removes dust, oil, smudges, fingerprints, and dirt. Leaves no scratches, streaks, marks, or lint.
- PROTECTIVE: Each pack of MagicFiber comes in their own polybag so that they are always like new and ready to use. Includes 6 MagicFiber Microfiber Cleaning Cloths (5 black, 1 Grey) 6 x 7 inches (15cm x 18cm)
- SAFE TO USE ANYWHERE: Can be used on any delicate surface like LCD TV screens, smart phones and other touch screens, camera lenses and filters, etc. Stores perfectly flat in your tablet case without adding any bulk. Awesome for a camera bag, purse, or eyeglass case.
MagicFiber MicroFiber Cleaning Cloths is a jack-of-all-trades, Oculus Quest accessory that will keep your headset’s lens clean without scratching.
Since many people like to keep a microfiber cloth handy, this cloth’s size makes portability a key focus. More importantly, this accessory will keep your lens clean no matter the mess.
The MagicFiber Microfiber cloth comes in a pack of six. Each cloth has smaller fibers that keep the surface extra soft and smooth. It retains the grippy surface needed for a good clean up job. At 6″ x 7″, the cloth is a good, average size to keep in a pocket for your Quest when its lense gets smudged.
The surface can also remove dust and oil smudges from lenses when necessary.
Oculus Quest Hardware Accessories
The following Oculus Quest accessories are extra pieces of hardware that can enhance your gameplay and make things more realistic.
Oculus Quest Headset (for in-ear sound)
- It's 3D printing, sturdy and durable,Custom Made for Oculus Quest VR Headset
- Lossless audio transmission, the headphone provide deep bass, crunchy mid-tones and clear treble to ensure fully immersive game experience.
- With this Clip earphone ,a better experience for playing the Oculus Quest
Oculus Quest has an in-built audio system producing sound from the head to the strap area. It offers a perfect immersive sound. Plus, you don’t have to position the device or any other audio device inside or over the ears. But the system still loses some detailed sounds, including ambient sounds.
Luckily, the headset has headphone jacks on both its sides. These in ear headphones are designed to readily plug into both headphone jacks to offer the wearer a more private and immersive audio experience.
Replacement Oculus Touch Controllers
- Bring your real hands into virtual environments with this pair of controllers for Oculus Rift
- Natural gestures and finger movement create a sense of true hand presence for more realistic, memorable, and tactile VR
- Constellation tracking lets you manipulate objects in your virtual environment with extraordinary precision
The Touch Controllers are key for the Oculus Quest. They allow you to interact with games, apps, and the headset’s interface. The Touch Controllers that ship with the Oculus Quest are not as robust as previous versions.As a result, you can break a Touch Controller more easily.
The most likely part of the controller to break is the tracking ring on the top of it. It’s the thinnest point of the controller and the most likely to get hit. In addition to breaking a controller, you may lose one or both controllers or need a new one for any other reason.
While ordering a replacement Touch Controller isn’t cheap, it is very easy. Oculus sells the left and right controllers separately on their website. The website states that they’ll be dispatched in around two days, so you probably won’t have to wait very long to receive your replacement.
Order your controllers off of Amazon or the official Oculus store too.
Oculus Quest Double Handle Rifle Gun
If you play a lot of shooting games, then you need a rifle to improve your experience. It makes it feel like you are holding a real gun.
This double handle rifle gun works nicely. Your Touch controllers fit inside of the holder with a magnet and stay in place while you play. The double handle bracket controller is very ergonomic and feels comfortable in gameplay for long periods. The installation process is very easy. Plus, the gun feels sturdy and durable too.
The double handle bracket controller is very ergonomic and feels comfortable in gameplay for long periods. The installation process is very easy. Plus, the gun feels sturdy and durable too.
Here are some other VR gun controllers to check out.
SteelSeries Stratus XL Bluetooth Wireless Gaming Controller
- Pressure sensitive buttons for precise gaming control
- Console-style left and right analog triggers
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
The SteelSeries Stratus XL Bluetooth Controller is a wireless gamepad that feels like a solid console controller, and works equally well with Oculus Quest. This Oculus Quest accessory lets you play 2D and non-VR games on the Quest with the controller instead of your hands.
It also works with any PC running Windows 7 or above that can pair with Bluetooth devices. It uses a software engine that lets it control far more PC games than a generic gamepad. It’s a capable dual-purpose controller that can fill a unique niche for some gamers.
This Bluetooth controller measures 4.4 by 5.9 by 1.7 inches (HWD) and weighing a solid 10.2 ounces with two AA batteries. The controls are arranged in a PlayStation configuration, with concave analog sticks parallel with each other below a plus-shaped direction pad and four face buttons (A/B/X/Y, laid out in Xbox style).
According to SteelSeries, the Stratus XL can last for up to 40 hours of gameplay on two batteries. Out of all Bluetooth controller Oculus Quest accessories we looked at, the Stratus XL is our top pick.
If you pick one of these Oculus Quest accessories up, use your Bluetooth controller setup guide to get started today.
bHaptics Tactsuit For Full Body VR Tracking
Haptic feedback can make your VR experience more engaging, especially when it involves your entire body. bHaptics is one company that offers a solution for those that really strive for immersive gaming, with its Tactsuit system.
You can use the bHaptics Tactsuit with your Oculus Quest to experience full body VR tracking. This full body suit is an entire system designed for haptic immersion, with the main component being the Tactsuit vest. It features 40 individually controllable haptic points, wireless connection via Bluetooth Low Energy technology.
It also features an adjustable waistband which can accommodate 26″ to 50″ waists.
Furthermore, the bHaptics Tactsuit has a detachable mesh lining which can be separated, washed and even be replaced with a new mesh lining. Its Li-ion Rechargeable Lithium Ion battery can offer users up to 15 hours of play time.
A lot of full body tracking solutions are too experience for regular consumers, but we like bHaptics the most. If you are looking for full body Oculus Quest accessories, start here.
Kat Walk C VR Treadmill
Another Oculus Quest accessories category is the VR treadmills. Our pick in 2020 is the Kat Walk C VR Treadmill. This accessory will enable you to experience full movement in games once connected to your Oculus Quest via Oculus Link.
The treadmill KAT VR provides 360-degrees of natural locomotion without taking up a massive amount of floor space at an affordable price. It is used in conjunction with specialized shoes and a harness system to keep players safely in one place.
The system allows for walking, running, crouching and other motions VR players need to fully immerse themselves in a digital environment without the worry of room scale space. The surface of the base and the footwear have been designed so that users can walk with a natural gait.
The shoes have multiple levels of friction depending on how experienced you are.
The Kat Walk C was extremely popular when it launched on Kickstarter earlier in 2020. Reserve your copy today to be one of the first to own it.
Using a Google Chromecast, you can cast the view from your headset and stream your Oculus Quest to a TV. The Chromecast can also connect to the web using an Ethernet connection. This streaming enables others around you to watch what is happening in Virtual Reality on a TV.
Chromecast is also a great accessory for demoing your Oculus Quest headset as other people can watch what you are doing in Virtual Reality. Users can watch and instruct other people who are not very familiar with the device. The Chromecast makes the VR headset a better party tool.
There are two types of Chromecast devices: the Google Chromecast and the Google Chromecast Ultra. The only difference between these devices is that with the Ultra, you can play 4K content. However, Oculus Quest is not a 4K device and there won’t be much of a difference when streaming with Chromecast or Chromecast Ultra.
If your TV is 4K, then the Ultra is perfect as it will stream full quality in other apps.
Each of the Oculus Quest’s Touch controllers requires an AA battery. The worst feeling is when your batteries die in the middle of your session. If you are using your headset a lot, the Touch Controller battery is going to get depleted pretty quickly.
Grab these rechargeable batteries to help you enjoy an uninterrupted play time all day along. Rechargeable AA batteries will also save you money over the long haul and are great for environmental sustainability.
This kit comes with 8 batteries so that you’ll always have a few spares on hand when you need them.
Oculus Quest Accessories for PCVR Gaming
The following Oculus Quest accessories will help you play PCVR games on the Oculus Quest. PCVR games include ones made for the Oculus Rift S or SteamVR. Your Quest will work as a display and your computer will power the games to your headset.
Oculus Link Cable
- This premium fiber-optic cable delivers exceptional performance for PC VR gaming on your Quest and Quest 2 while simultaneously powering the headset
- Oculus Link connects Oculus Quest and Quest 2 to a gaming PC, giving you access to a wide range of Oculus Rift apps and games
- Optimal length reaches 16 feet (5M), providing a best-in-class experience with flexible, lightweight durability
The Oculus Link Cord was one of the hottest Quest accessories at the close of the year in 2019. It enables you to connect your standalone Oculus Quest virtual reality headset into a VR-ready PC. When connected, you can access and play VR games on your Quest through the Oculus Link Beta.Oculus provided the technical specifications for the Oculus Link cable as well. This way, you don’t have to purchase the official Oculus Link cable which are expensive.
There are plenty of lower-priced alternatives that you can go for. Just make sure that they meet the technical specifications as set by Oculus. The cable should be a USB-C connection with a 3.0 specification. It must also have sufficient length that enables you to move around without any issues or inconveniences.
The official Oculus Link cable is of very high quality. It is thin, flexible and with a length of 5 meters. It’s an optical USB-C cord. The price might be prohibitive but it gives you the assurance of quality, reliability and excellent performance.
We don’t have many software Oculus Quest accessories in the list, but Virtual Desktop is an exception. Virtual Desktop is an Oculus Quest app that takes your standard Windows desktop and fully drops it into VR. From home theatre setups to giant floating curved monitors in space, Virtual Desktop has become a huge part of every VR enthusiasts’ daily usage.
Besides games, Virtual Desktop supports 360-degree panoramic photos and videos. You can drag 360-degree photos onto the app’s Photo tab. You can also load 360-degree videos either directly from your hard drive or by pasting a URL into the Video tab.
The number one use for Virtual Desktop is playing SteamVR games off of your computer wirelessly. This makes your Quest a PCVR headset without any hard-wired connection. Grab a new dedicated dual-band router (see below) and you can play games wirelessly without any latency!
Virtual Desktop is robust, extremely customizable, and fun to use too. Click here to check out our full Virtual Desktop on Oculus Quest setup guide.
Tenda AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router
- Get lightning quick connections for all your wireless devices by upgrading to Tenda's enhanced 1200 Mbps high speed Wi fi technology ([email protected] 4GHz [email protected])
- Link up to 20 wireless devices like the Google assistant, Alexa and various steaming devices, simultaneously, while maintaining optimum network conditions
- 4 omni directional antennas with beamforming and Mu Mimo technology, deliver high speed internet throughout your home and provide seamless coverage for up to 2000 Sq. ft.Output：DC 9V1A
If you plan on using Virtual Desktop, you need to give serious consideration to a dedicated router for minimal latency. The Tenda AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router is our pick for best Oculus Quest accessories. This router is easy to setup, fast, and efficient. It help your Oculus Quest’s Virtual Desktop application to connect to your PC for fast game streaming.
Its powerful Broadcom ARM Cortex-A7 CPU and 128 MB DDR3 provides the best performance in both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. The 5GHz band works at up to 867Mbps, while the 2.4GHz frequency tops 300Mbps, serving an incredible combined bandwidth of 1167Mbps.
With the Beamforming+, built-in high-powered amplifiers and external antennas, you can enjoy lag-free gaming and uninterrupted video streaming anytime anywhere.
Which of these Oculus Quest accessories is your favorite?
Let us know down in the comment section below. Did we miss any Oculus Quest accessories you’ve bought lately? Let us know below too so that we can add them to the guide and help other users out!