A good screen protector will help keep your Steam Deck free from scratches, fingerprints, and dust. In this guide, I’ll show you the best Steam Deck screen protectors that you can buy today.
For each accessory, I’ll go over some key features and reasons why it’s a good option for protecting your Deck.
Let’s have a look!
What are the Best Steam Deck Screen Protectors?
Let’s take a look at my favorite Steam Deck screen protectors in more detail.
The Game Depot Screen Protector is a critical accessory designed for your Steam Deck. It comes in two units; a tempered glass screen protector and a flexible silicone protective cover. The two units offer better protection to your Steam Deck both at the front and back.
The tempered glass screen protector is made using high-quality material – 0.33mm ultra-thin 9H hardness tempered glass. This protector sheds your Steam Deck against scuffs, scratches, dirt, and fingerprint oils, keeping the screen clean and responsive at all times. It is really easy to install.
One thing I like about this protector is that the touchscreen wasn’t compromised in any way. When it’s in place, you hardly notice it is there.
As an added bonus, the Steam Deck screen protector by Game Depot come with a silicone case too. The flexible silicone protective cover adds extra rear drop and shock protection to a Steam Deck and provides a non-slip grip while gaming.
This protection accessory surrounds your Deck without impacting buttons, controls, ports, and other peripherals attached to the unit.
- Complete Bundle: The steam deck console protection package contains two screen protectors, one silicone case, and 2 sets of cleaning kits. The gaming console accessories are specially designed for the Steam Deck video game to let you protect your game in a better manner. Get maximum protection for your video game system with this steam deck cover and protective case and forget worrying about it getting damaged.
- Ultimate Protection: With 9H hardness, our 0.33 mm ultra-thin and scratch-resistant steam deck screen protector provides complete screen protection. It gives 99.9% ultra-clear vision and protects the screen from scratches, fingerprint oils, scuffs, and other such things, keeping it clean and responsive. The steam deck glass protector comes with an oleophobic coating that further facilitates a natural touch when you play.
- Silicone Cover: The soft and flexible steam deck protector case has a bump design that enhances the feel, giving a non-slip and comfortable grip on the device. The silicone cover has a groove design that maintains proper ventilation, protecting your device from getting heated up. The silicone case provides complete shock protection in case of accidental falls and also protects the device's surface from scratches and damage.
The amFilm Screen Protector is designed specifically for the Deck’s size of 7 inches. It provides 99.9% transparency and allows for a natural viewing experience when gaming on the go.
This screen protector protects your Deck from dirt, dust, scratches, and scuffs. It can also save the screen of your Deck from fingerprint oils. It is highly durable and coated to reduce fingerprints from showing.
TheamFilm Screen Protector is 0.3mm thick, promising complete touchscreen sensitivity and reliability. The package includes dry wipes, microfiber cloth cleaning wipes, and an easy installation manual
To install it, you just press the protector onto the screen for installation, and you’re good to go.
- Specifically designed for Steam Deck（7 inch）
- Ultra-clear High Definition with 99.9% transparency to allow an natural viewing experience
- Ultra thin-0.3mm thickness is reliable and resilient, and promises full compatibility with touchscreen sensitivity
The Ambison Matte Glass Screen Protector is another protection accessory you should consider if you want to protect your Steam Deck safely. It provides maximum protection to the Deck’s screen without leaving any gap.
This anti-glare screen protector is as smooth as silk and doesn’t generate any bubbles when it sits on the screen. It doesn’t interfere with the touchscreen sensitivity.
The Ambison Matte Glass Screen Protector can protect your Deck from scuffs, scratches, dirt, and fingerprint oils. I thought it did a great job keeping the front of your Deck always clean.
Additionally, this anti-glare etched glass screen protector suppresses light reflection so that you can continue to play your favorite games even under strong sunlight. It also has a surface oleophobic coating to reduce fingerprint action to the minimum.
- Compatibility: Matte glass screen protectr is specifically designed for Steam Deck (7 inch) 2021/2022 Release, 64 GB eMMC/256 GB /512 GB.
- Anti Glare: Steam Deck premium matte anti-glare etched glass screen protector, with matte on surface, anti glare function to suppress light reflection, gaming in strong sunlight, outdoors or in light, is not dazzling, bring you a better game experience. Surface oleophobic coating to reduce fingerprints.
- Full Coverage Screen Protector: The matte glass screen protector completely covers the entire screen, 1:1 customized, preventing the screen from being exposed and scratched, improved 99.99% for screen protection. Surface hardness 9H, effectively protecting your steam deck console against daily scratch and collision.
What is a Screen Protector for the Steam Deck
A screen protector is a thin layer of plastic or glass that covers the entire display area of your Steam Deck. They are used to keep the screen free from damage caused by accidental bumps or drops.
A screen protector is great at shielding your Deck from hairline scratches that occur from regular use. Because the Steam Deck display is a full touchscreen, you will be interacting with it regularly.
Most screen protectors today are made from tempered glass that looks and feels like a clear sticker. You place it over the display and then carefully work to run out any air bubbles.
Key Features to Look for in a Steam Deck Screen Protector
There are many different types of screen protectors available. Some are better than others depending on what you need them for. Here are some key features to look for:
Since the Steam Deck’s screen display is only 7 inches big, you will already have a hard time reading small text. Because of this, you want to make sure that your protector doesn’t interfere with your gaming experience more. High quality screen protectors are completely matte and anti-glare.
Thicker protectors will better protect your screen from scratches, but will be more noticeable when you touch the screen.They also might interfere with the touch screen, which you absolutely do not want. I recommend buying a thinner protector.
You absolutely want to make sure that your protector covers the entire screen from corner to corner.
What warranty doesthe manufacturer offer? Will it replace defective protectors? If you mess up the installation, will you get any replacement?
Give a quick scan to the Amazon page before you buy!
How to Install a Screen Protector on Your Steam Deck
Installing a screen protector isn’t difficult. All you need is a little patience and practice. Follow these steps:
- Open up your protector and remove the protective film from the back of the screen protector.
- Place the screen protector onto the top of the screen. Make sure it fits snugly around the edges.
- Press down firmly until all air bubbles are removed.
- Use a credit card to gently push the screen protector into place. You want to make sure that no air bubbles remain.
- Clean up any excess adhesive residue using a soft cloth.
- Enjoy playing your favorite games!
In general, all of the highest rated screen protectors for the Steam Deck are very similar. You will want to make sure that they are thin, matte, and high quality. Look through the reviews and make sure people aren’t complaining about excessive bubbles in the display.
The three brands we advertise: Game Depot, amFilm, and Ambison, were three of the original brands to come out with Deck accessories. They’ve built up a good following thanks to their following.
Any of these protectors will serve you well.
If you end up picking any of them up, comment down below and let us know what you went with!