The Steam Deck is popular handheld PC gaming computer from Valve. In addition to accessing your entire Steam library, the Steam Deck can interact with some accessories to turn it into a whole lot more. In this guide, we take a look at the best Steam Deck accessories that you can buy today.
The accessories below include some of the most popular additions you can add to your portable console:
- Accessories to enable VR gaming
- Steam Deck chargers
- Power banks for the Steam Deck
- Quality earbuds for the Steam Deck
- USB-C Hubs and Docks
and a bunch more! These are the accessories that Steam Deck users are actually buying.
If you have any other must have Steam Deck accessories, we want you to comment down below and tell us today.
RELATED: Check out everything we know about the Valve Deckard, steams upcoming wireless VR headset!
Our Top Steam Deck Accessory
SanDisk MicroSDXC Memory Card
Steam Deck Expandable Storage
The number one buyer’s remorse for the Steam Deck is a lack of hard drive space. Valve allows you to install a micro SD into the Deck to expand its storage. This SanDisk memory card is fast, high quality, and comes in multiple sizes.
- Our Top Steam Deck Accessory
- The Best Steam Deck Accessories
- Samsung MicroSDXC Memory Card
- Sandisk MicroSDXC Memory Card
- Anker USB-C HUB
- Anker 7-in-1 USB-C HUB
- OwlTree Steam Deck Dock
- Anker PowerCore Slim 20K
- Amazon Basics HDMI Cable
- Logitech G915 Wireless Keyboard
- Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
- Arteck 2.4G Wireless Keyboard
- Logitech G502 Gaming Mouse
- Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed Gaming Mouse
- SteelSeries Arctis 1 Gaming Headset
- Logitech G333 Earbud Headphones
- MSI Full HD FreeSync Gaming Monitor
- Samsung Odyssey G3 Flat Monitor
- Steam Deck Stand Base
- Benazcap Steam Deck Screen Protector
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Bluetooth Controller
- What is the Steam Deck?
The Best Steam Deck Accessories
Don’t have time to read our entire guide? Here is a quick list of the best Steam Deck accessories that you can buy today:
- Samsung MicroSDXC Memory Card – High Quality Expandable Storage
- SanDisk MicroSDXC Memory Card – Faster Expandable Storage
- Anker USB-C Hub – Best Steam Deck USB-C Hub
- Anker 7-in-1 Hub – Best Steam Deck Docking Station
- OwlTree Steam Deck Dock – Best Simple Dock
- Anker PowerCore Slim 20K – Best Power Bank for the Steam Deck
- Amazon Basics HDMI Cable – Best Steam Deck HDMI Cable
- Logitech G915 Wireless Keyboard – Best Premium Wireless Keyboard for the Steam Deck
- Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition – High Speed Gaming Keyboard
- Arteck Wireless Keyboard – Budget Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech G502 Mouse – Premium Wireless Gaming Mouse
- Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed Wireless Mouse – Best Value Wireless Mouse
- SteelSeries Arctis 1 – Best Gaming Headset for the Steam Deck
- Logitech G333 Earbuds – Best Earbuds for the Steam Deck
- MSI Full HD FreeSync Gaming Monitor – Best Gaming Monitor for the Steam Deck
- Samsung Odyssey G3 Flat Gaming Monitor – Best Flat Monitor for the Steam Deck
- Steam Deck Stand Base – Unofficial Dock for the Steam Deck
- Benazcap Screen Protector – Best Screen Protector
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Bluetooth Controller – Best Wireless Controller for the Steam Deck
Below, we break down our best accessories for Valve’s handheld gaming platform in more detail.
Samsung MicroSDXC Memory Card
High Quality Storage for the Steam Deck
The Steam Deck comes with internal storage options of 64, 256, and 512 gigabytes. If you’ve received your portable gaming system and realized that your Steam library is bigger than you thought, there is a solution!
The Steam Deck features support for an external Micro SD card so that you can expand the storage capacity as you need. The Samsung EVO Select is a high quality line of cards to expand the capacity of your deck. It has over 150,000 5-star reviews!
This card can handle transfer speeds of 100MB/s, which is pretty good. This memory card is also shock proof, water proof, x ray proof, and magnetic proof as well. Samsung is so confident in the hardware that it offers a 10 year limited warranty.
The 256 GB model is the most popular, but we recommend the larger 512gb version.
- Ideal for recording 4K UHD video: Samsung MicroSD Evo is perfect for high res photos, gaming, music, tablets, laptops, action cameras, dslr’s, drones, smartphones (Galaxy S10, S10+, S10e, S9, S9+, Note9, S8, S8+, Note8, S7, S7 Edge, etc.), Android devices and more
- Enhanced read write speeds: Sequential read and write performance levels of up to 100MB/S and 90MB/S, respectively
- Built to last reliability: Shock proof memory card is also water proof, temperature proof, X Ray proof and magnetic proof
Sandisk MicroSDXC Memory Card
Faster Expandable Storage
If Samsung has wronged you for some reason, the Sandisck A1 is our budget pick for a Steam Deck storage card. The price is better than Samsung and the read/write speed is actually FASTER at a high speed of 120 MB/s.
Another perk about this secondary storage is that this SD card goes up to 1tb of storage, which is a lot of extra capacity. The 512gb card is half the price of the Samsung card above.
A lot of the reviews for this card specifically mentions its use in other portable gaming systems like the Nintendo Switch and Android smart phones. It’s made for devices like the Steam Deck, which means piece of mind for you.
- Ideal for Android smartphones and tablets, and MIL cameras
- Up to 256GB to store even more hours of Full HD video (2). 1GB=1,000,000,000 bytes. 1TB=1,000,000,000,000 bytes. Actual user storage less. (2) Full HD (1920x1080) video support may vary based upon host device, file attributes, and other factors. See official SanDisk website.
- Up to 120MB/s transfer speeds let you move up to 1000 photos in a minute (5). Up to 120MB/s read speed, engineered with proprietary technology to reach speeds beyond UHS-I 104MB/s, require compatible devices capable of reaching such speed. Write speeds lower. Based on internal testing; performance may be lower depending on host device, interface, usage conditions and other factors. 1MB=1,000,000 bytes. (5)Based on internal testing on images with an average file size of 3.55MB (up to 3.7GB total) with USB 3.0 reader. Your results will vary based on host device, file attributes, and other factors.
Anker USB-C HUB
Best Steam Deck USB-C Hub
One of the things that is slightly frustrating about the Steam Deck is that it only has a single USB-C power port. This means that you can use one accessory or charge it, but not both at the same time. And as you look for other best Steam Deck accessories in this list, you’ll realize that you need more.
The Anker USB-C hub is a simple 1-to-4 hub that gives you the ability to plug in 4 accessories at a time. It’s not a full docking station, but this will let you charge the device, plus use an external display, wireless keyboard, and wireless mouse at the time.
Anker is a reputable brand in this space and the price is right. This USB hub is slim and the color blends in nicely with the Steam Deck. It’s a simple way to expand the system”s USB-C port into more options.
- USB-C Compatible: Works with the latest computers and smart devices with USB-C ports.
- Extra Ports: Turn one USB-C port into four USB 3.0 ports.
- SuperSpeed Data: Up to 5 Gbps data speeds let you transfer an HD movie in seconds.
Anker 7-in-1 USB-C HUB
Best Steam Deck Docking Station
If you want even more flexibility, than consider this full Anker USB type-C 7-in-1 docking station. It contains an HDMI port, power delivery slot, USB-C, 2 USB-A, microSD, and an SD card reader in a really slim profile.
I love the power delivery on this hub, which will charge your Steam Deck without the need for the default cable. This hub also comes with a travel pouch so that you don’t lose the thing.
After expanding the storage, a hub is the next highest priority.
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 80 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Massive Expansion: Get way more out of your laptop’s USB-C port with [email protected] HDMI, SD card connectivity, USB-A / USB-C data ports, as well as high-speed pass-through charging with Power Delivery.
- Powerful Pass-Through Charging: Compatible with USB-C Power Delivery to provide high-speed pass-through charging to your laptop at up to 85W.
OwlTree Steam Deck Dock
Best Simple Dock
If you just need a simple dock for your Steam Deck, the OwlTree version has a lot of smart design features that make it a no brainer. For starters, it has 3 different angles that the Deck can be adjusted to so that you can use it to play games with a Bluetooth controller at any angle.
The back of the stand is empty so that the air vents on the Steam Deck can do their thing. This will keep your console cool even after extended play. Rubber pads on the back and bottom of this Dock hold your Steam Deck in place and prevent it from sliding.
This dock is foldable so that it is even smaller and compact. Throw it in your bag and take your Steam Deck and dock with you wherever you need to go.
Finally, the size of the OwlTree Dock is universally sized to fit a Nintendo Switch, any smart phone, and most smaller tablets as well. For a simple dock, it is our favorite pick.
- 【Adjustable】 The Dock is specifically designed for Steam Deck, 3-level angles could be adjusted to meet your viewing demand, makes you hand-free to enjoy your games, videos.
- 【Heat Dissipation】 There are air vents on the back of the dock, which perfectly match the cooling holes of your steam deck, it allows you to play with Steam Deck for an extended amount of time in your favorite games, no need to worry about overheating
- 【Anti-Slip 】The rubber pads on back and bottom can protect your Steam Deck from any scratches and slide, safety and stability
Anker PowerCore Slim 20K
Best Power Bank for the Steam Deck
The Steam Deck comes with decent battery life between 2 and 8 hours of battery life on a single charge, depending on how strenuous the game you are playing is. Unfortunately, my early testing with the device suggests a battery life on the shorter end.
For that reason, this portable charger from Anker is an absolute must if you plan on travelling with the Steam Deck outside of your house. It has a large capacity 20000mAh battery that can deliver between 7 and 80 hours of additional power to the Deck. The Steam Deck’s default battery is only 5,313 mAh big. That’s good news!
This power bank has a 20W USB-C port, which powers up the Deck really fast. It also comes with an assembly of other USB-A and USB-C cables, so you can carry on no matter what your connector size is. The bank also comes with a travel pouch so that you are set.
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 55 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Charge Fast Anywhere: The 20W USB-C port has enough power to charge an iPhone 12 to 50% in just 30 minutes. Also equipped with an 18W USB port if you need to charge a second device.
- Ultra-High Cell Capacity: The massive 20,000mAh cell capacity provides 5 charges for iPhone 12, more than 4 full charges for Samsung Galaxy S10, and over 2 and a half charges for iPad mini 5.
Amazon Basics HDMI Cable
Best Steam Deck HDMI Cable
The Steam Deck is a great handheld gaming system. However it IS a full gaming PC and that means you might want to connect it to an external monitor or TV.
Because fo this, you can never have enough HDMI cables. I like the Amazon Basics HDMI cable because it is simple, high quality, and does the trick. Plus, it comes in both black and white options so that it blends into the rest of your gear. Amazon also sells these in 3-packs and 10packs and with side and down angles.
These cables are great for a 4K video signal at 60 FPS. It has over 110,000 five-star reviews.
- HDMI A Male to A Male Cable: Supports Ethernet, 3D, 4K video and Audio Return Channel (ARC)
- Connects Blu-ray players, Fire TV, Apple TV, PS4, PS3, XBox One, Xbox 360, computers and other HDMI-enabled devices to TVs, displays, A/V receivers and more
- Cable allows you to share an Internet connection among multiple devices without the need for a separate Ethernet cable
Logitech G915 Wireless Keyboard
Premium Wireless Keyboard for the Steam Deck
The Logitech G915 is a great gaming keyboard with a ton of sweet features. The low profile keys are smooth to press and better than other stock options. The RGH lighting on the keys look great.
Being wireless, the Logitech G915 connects freely to the Steam Deck without using up that single USB-C port. It has really low latency too so that you can play your AAA titles without worry.
A single charge on this keyboard lasts 40 hours and it only takes 3 hours to charge. The outside shell of the keyboard is made from aluminum. Logitech is a top tier name in the gaming keyboard space and this is the king.
- Wireless Gaming Gear Brand - Based on independent aggregated sales data (FEB ‘19 - FEB’20) of Wireless Gaming Keyboard, Mice, and PC Headset in units from: US, CA, CN, JP, KR, TW, TH, ID, DE, FR, RU, UK, SE, TR
- Lightspeed wireless delivers pro-grade performance with flexibility and freedom from cords. Creates a clean aesthetic for battle stations. Delivers 40 hours on a single full charge.
- Lightsync technology provides RGB lighting that synchronizes lighting with any content. Personalize each key or create custom animations from about 16.8M colors with Logitech G HUB software.
Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Fast Gaming Keyboard for the Steam Deck
If you are a more serious gamer, then the Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition is a tenkeyless gaming keyboard for you. This keyboard connects via a USB-C connection, so it will nicely plug into the Steam Deck.
The big advantage on the Huntsman is that it has optical switch technology on the keys. This means that presses are registered much faster than a traditional keyboard, with only 1 millimeter of space needed to track. The keyboard also has a aluminum construction.
The Huntman keyboard comes with Razer Hypershift, which allows you to map custom keys and keypresses from a computer and then use this with the Deck.
The keyboard still has a pretty small size, which I like when pairing with the Deck. If you don’t always prefer a controller and like keyboard gaming, which I do at least half of my Steam Deck time, then check out the Huntsman today.
- Faster Than Traditional Mechanical Switches: Razer Linear Optical switch technology uses optical beam-based actuation, registering key presses at the speed of light (15-30% shorter actuation distance than other linear switches at 1.0 millimeter)
- Ultimate Personalization & Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma: Fully syncs with popular games, Razer hardware, Philips Hue, and gear from 30 plus partners; supports 16.8 million colors on individually backlit keys
- Quality, Aluminum Construction: Covered with a matte, aluminum top frame for increased structural integrity
Arteck 2.4G Wireless Keyboard
Compact Gaming Keyboard for the Steam Deck
The Arteck wireless keyboard is for those who don’t need a huge brand name and want a slimmer keyboard for their desk. The Arteck is solid and easy you to use. You just have to connect the nano USB receiver into your Steam Deck’s hub and your keyboard will work.
This means that you need the 7-in-1 hub above, but the overall cost of that plus this keyboard is less than the Logitech option. Plus, the nano receiver communication is solid and fast for low latency.
The battery on this Arteck lasts for 6 months at a time and the keyboard comes with a 24-month warranty.
- Easy Setup: Simply insert the nano USB receiver into your computer and use the keyboard instantly.
- Ergonomic design: Stainless steel material gives heavy duty feeling, low-profile keys offer quiet and comfortable typing.
- 6-Month Battery Life: Rechargeable lithium battery with an industry-high capacity lasts for 6 months with single charge (based on 2 hours non-stop use per day).
Logitech G502 Gaming Mouse
Premium Wireless Gaming Mouse for the Steam Deck
The Logitech G502 is one of the top gaming mouses available today. It is used in real eSports competitions around the world. The G502 has realistic 1:1 tracking and a wide sensitivity range so that you can play exactly how you want.
This premium mouse has six adjustable and removable weights insight of it for custom balance tuning. There are 11 customizable buttons that you can assign with custom commands. The hyper fast scroll wheel lets you blaze through menus in less time.
If you are a serious PC Gamer, the Logitech G502 is the mouse for you. And it connects nicely to the Steam Deck.
- Selling Wireless Gaming Gear Brand - Based on independent sales data (FEB ‘19 - FEB’20) of Wireless Gaming Keyboard, Mice, and PC Headset in units from: US, CA, CN, JP, KR, TW, TH, IN, DE, FR, RU, UK, SE, TR
- PowerPlay wireless charging: Never worry about your battery life again. Add the power play wireless charging system to keep your G502 Lightspeed Wireless Mouse and other compatible G mice charged while at rest and at play. Powerplay wireless charging system sold separately
- Light speed wireless gaming mouse: Exclusive Logitech G ultra-fast wireless technology used by Pro gamers in competitions worldwide
Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed Gaming Mouse
Best Value Wireless Mouse for the Steam Deck
The Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed is a great option for those who need a wireless gaming mouse for some of their PC games. This mouse has Bluetooth connectivity so that you don’t need to take up the system’s USB-C port. It also has HyperSpeed Wireless support too.
The Basilisk X has extremely low latency and a pretty lightweight design compared to other gaming mice. The battery life last up to 450 hours, which is nearly six months at 4 hours per day.
There are 6 programmable buttons on the mouse, so you can configure and assign complex macro functions. I’m sure there is a way to do some neat things with Valve’s new Steam Deck and these macros.
- 25% Faster Than Competing Wireless Mice: The all-new, Razer HyperSpeed wireless technology brings together extreme low-latency and interference reduction for true wireless freedom
- Dual Mode Connectivity: Supports Bluetooth for efficient power consumption and HyperSpeed Wireless for lag-free gaming.Max Acceleration (G):40
- 6 Programmable Buttons: Allows for reconfiguration and assignment of complex macro functions through Razer Synapse 3
SteelSeries Arctis 1 Gaming Headset
Best Gaming Headset for the Steam Deck
The Steam Deck does come with a 3.5mm headphone jack on the top of the device, which means that you don’t have to spend extra cash for a wireless gaming headset. Instead, the Arctis 1 will do the trick and it is a reasonable price.
These are over ear headphones with a low profile and good sound quality. The cord that comes with them is 4 feet long, plenty for both mobile and docked play.
I like that this headset comes with a detachable noise cancelling microphone which you can take off if you don’t need it. The headphones are also compatible with all of your other electronics, so swap devices as you need.
- Optimal PS5 compatibility requires user to change settings on Sony PS5 – disable Sony 3D Audio and then increase default volume to 100%
- Featuring the same signature soundscape, emphasizing subtle, yet critical sounds to give you an audio advantage
- Detachable ClearCast noise canceling microphone provides natural sounding clarity and is Discord certified
Logitech G333 Earbud Headphones
Best Earbuds for the Steam Deck
The Logitech G333 might be familiar to VR players and Oculus Quest owners. They were our recommended headphones in our Oculus Quest 2 accessories guide.
These earbuds are the first in-ear headphones from Logitech G to feature an asymmetrical, custom length cable specifically created for mobile gaming on the Oculus Quest 2 and Steam Deck.
They are drive by dual dedicated audio drivers, one for highs and mids, and one for bass. The G333 VR is designed with sturdy aluminum housing and elegant flat cables that are less likely to get tangled.
As you’d expect, the G333 earphones also come with various sized tips to get the best fit for your ears as well. Logitech’s new Oculus Quest 2 accessories were design to match the headset perfectly.
Click here to read our in depth guide on the Logitech G333.
- Note : If the size of the earbud tips does not match the size of your ear canals or the headset is not worn properly in your ears, you may not obtain the correct sound qualities or call performance. Change the earbud tips to ones that fit more snugly in your ear
- Designed for Oculus Quest 2 – The official earphones for Oculus Quest 2 provide audio only you can hear, so you can take yourself further into the virtual world.
- Custom-length cable and straps let you focus on your game. 3.5 mm aux connection provides minimal latency for optimal realism.
MSI Full HD FreeSync Gaming Monitor
Best Gaming Monitor for the Steam Deck
The Steam Deck does not have to be just a portable device. It can actually dock and be used in PC mode, sharing its video with an external monitor like this MSI one.
This is a curved monitor with an 1800R panel, optimized for the human eye. It has a wide 178 degree viewing angle.
The response time of this monitor is 1 millisecond, easily fast enough for all of your games. This monitor has a 75 Hz refresh rate and true color scheme. It also has a night vision mode which can bring out fine details in dark games better than other monitors.
- 23.6" LCD panel LED backlight (1920 x 1080 full HD)
- 144Hz refresh rate - Display without after image.
- 1ms response time helps eliminate screen tearing and choppy frame rates
Samsung Odyssey G3 Flat Monitor
Best Flat Monitor for the Steam Deck
If you don’t like the look of a curved monitor, then the Samsung Odyssey G3 is the flat monitor you want for your Steam Deck. My favorite thing about this monitor is the 3-sided borderless frame that allows your display to be the center of attention. The price point for the features you get is a nice sweet spot.
Otherwise, this monitor is made for gamers, with 1080p resolution, 144 Hz refresh rate, and a 1ms response time. The stand is adjustable so that you can set it up exactly as you need to. It has nearly identical specs as the popular Acer Predator monitor but at a much better price.
The Odyssey G3 comes in three different sizes, 24-inch, 27-inch, and 32-inch. You can also buy HDMI 1.4 and HDMI 2.0 versions. The 32-inch version comes in curved as well.
- 144HZ REFRESH RATE: Conquer every enemy, even at soaring speeds. 144Hz refresh rate eliminates lag and motion blur for exhilarating gameplay with ultra-smooth action.
- Viewing Angle is 178° (H) / 178° (V); Aspect Ratio is 16:9
- 1MS RESPONSE TIME: Make every move count with a 1ms response time. Jump on enemies as soon as you see them and stay ahead with precise mouse movements. Your on-screen performance is as swift as your own reflexes.
Steam Deck Stand Base
Best Unofficial Steam Deck Dock
The official dock for the Steam Deck is not available in bulk yet, but there are plenty of third party options to choose from. This Steam Deck stand base allows you to setup and dock your console on it. This stand is roughly the same width as the size of the Steam Deck and holds it in place.
This stand is made from aluminum and is covered with non-slip silicone. When your Deck sits on it, none of the cooling system on the device is effected.
As soon as the official Steam Deck dock is released in the coming months, we will be updating this guide for everyone.
- Specially designed black stand for 2021 valve steam deck, easy to setup and dock your gaming console anytime anywhere
- Compact and sleek in appearance while sturdy and durable for daily using, great for you to charge and play games simultaneously
- Made of high quality aluminum with non-slip silicone pad, it prevents your steam deck from scratching and slipping
Benazcap Steam Deck Screen Protector
Best Steam Deck Screen Protector
The Benazcap screen protector is the one you need to protect your Deck’s screen from dust and scratches. It installs over the length of the screen to provide protection while you play.
This screen protector is made from 9H tempered glass film. It is easy to install and get into place and is a great price. Even better, it comes in a two pack so that you have a backup option as well.
This protector has 99% transparency and maintains all original touch sensitivities. You can’t go wrong if this is one of your first Steam Deck accessories that you putchase.
- [Compatibility]: Exclusively designed for 2021 New Released Steam Deck 7 Inch. NOT fit for other models.
- [Premium Material]: 0.33mm Ultra-Thin 9H Hardness Tempered Glass LCD HD Premium Screen Protector - Anti-Scratch/Waterproof/Oil Resistant.
- [Anti-Scratch]: The Premium tempered glass with industry-high 9H hardness rating effectively protects your Steam Deck against scratches, keep it clean with a simple wipe.
SteelSeries Stratus XL Bluetooth Controller
Best Wireless Controller for the Steam Deck
The SteelSeries Stratus XL Bluetooth Controller is a wireless gamepad that feels like a solid console controller. It is a good alternative if the Steam Deck doesn’t fit nicely into your hands or your prefer a more traditional controller to play.
This Bluetooth controller measures 4.4 by 5.9 by 1.7 inches (HWD) and weighing a solid 10.2 ounces with two AA batteries. The controls are arranged in a PlayStation configuration, with concave analog sticks parallel with each other below a plus-shaped direction pad and four face buttons (A/B/X/Y, laid out in Xbox style). The controller pattern is the same as the Steam Deck, so there is no confusion.
According to SteelSeries, the Stratus XL can last for up to 40 hours of gameplay on two batteries. It improves your gaming experience on the Steam Deck and gives you some extra flexibility when paired with the stand base above.
- Pressure sensitive buttons for precise gaming control
- Console-style left and right analog triggers
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
And those are our best Steam Deck accessories that we would recommend to you today. Valve Corporation has worked hard on the Steam Deck, allowing it to play almost all of your Steam games (including virtual reality).
What is the Steam Deck?
The Steam Deck is a portable gaming system by Valve (the creators of Steam). It looks similar to a Nintendo Switch, with a central screen and controls on the left and the right.
The Deck can play your entire Steam library, which is the largest game library in the world. This is the first time you’ve been able to play games on the go instead of sitting at your PC.
The Steam Deck is custom-built for gamers, with high quality buttons designed for long play-times.
Steam Deck Dock
Alongside the Deck, Valve has also announced an official Dock accessory. It props up the hardware and allows you to connect to external displays, networking, USB devices, and power.
The release date and price of the dock is to be determined and more details are going to be released soon.
If you bought any of the Steam Deck accessories above, comment down below and let us know.