There are some great accessories and add-on hardware that can make your Meta Quest 2 VR headset better. We’ve compiled the 29 best Meta Quest 2 accessories below to check out.
From improved sound, more comfort, and other cables, we’ll show you everything you need.
Meta is the new brand name, so this guide is the same as Oculus Quest 2 accessories.
Newly added: The new D-Link VR Air Bridge, a new protective case, and magnetic covers for your Quest 2 controllers!
In a rush? Here is our list of the best Meta Quest 2 accessories:
What are the Best Meta Quest 2 Accessories?
- Comfort Accessories
- Strap and Counterweight Accessories
- Hardware Accessories
- Accessories for Protection
- Accessories for PC VR Gaming
- What are the Best Meta Quest 2 Accessories?
- Meta Quest 2 Comfort Accessories
- Meta Quest 2 Strap and Counterweight Accessories
- Meta Quest 2 Hardware Accessories
- Meta Quest 2 Accessories For Protection
- Meta Quest 2 Accessories for PC VR Gaming
- Types of Meta Quest 2 Accessories
Meta Quest 2 Comfort Accessories
Quest 2 Face Cover From VR Cover
VR Cover is a face cover that prevents sweat from soaking into your Meta Quest 2 padding. It is an essential Quest 2 accessory that every user should have on hand.
VR Cover is a soft, washable, medical-grade silicone cover to protect your Quest 2 from sweat and dirt. Now you can work out in VR with a safe silicon cover that doesn’t let sweat soak in.
What if you intend to show off your Quest 2 with friends or family? Grab a few clean covers to play some multiplayer VR games.
The hygiene cover is the top-selling accessory for VR.
Kiwi Knuckle Straps
KIWI knuckle straps for the Meta Quest better hold your touch controllers in place while you play. They are an alternative to those who don’t like the flimsy soft strap that comes by default with the Meta Quest.
Many Meta Quest fans enjoy the added flexibility they get while wearing these accessories. We have both the Quest 2 and Quest 1 straps listed below.
- Perfectly Protect The Controller: KIWI design controller grips cover prevents the controllers from thrown out by accident while you are playing games, and protects the touch controllers from scratching and soiling.
- Premium Material: The grip covers are made of non-slip and durable silicone to hold the controller more comfortably. The knuckle straps are made of durable PU leather which are skin-friendly so will not rub or hurt your hands.
- Humanized Design: The texture of the grips cover increases friction that improves grip and wicks sweat so that your hands won’t slip out of the strap easily. The reserved hole to accommodate the original wrist strap which adds extra protection and more stability.
Official Fit Pack
The Fit Pack is an official Quest 2 accessory directly from Meta. The official pack includes a pair of light blockers and two alternate-width facial interfaces for various face shapes.
The two alternate interchangeable facial interfaces will allow you to find your ideal fit. There are wider and narrower options to increase or reduce padding between your face and the headset. The Silicone light blockers will prevent excess light from entering your nose area.
The facial interfaces are made from the same premium materials as the standard interface, so you know they are quality.
- Find the right fit for your face with alternate-sized interfaces to accommodate wider fittings and narrower fittings (Packaging may vary) Meta Quest packaging will continue to carry the Oculus name and logo during the transition to our new branding.
- Use the wide facial interface that has less padding if your headset sits tight around your cheekbones and forehead.
- Use the narrow facial interface with more padding to prevent your headset slipping down your face, or if you want more support around your cheekbones and forehead.
ProxiMat VR Space Traveller
The Proximat VR Space Traveller is one of the essential Meta Quest 2 accessories that help improve your gaming space, while keeping you within a safe zone.
It works with all guardian systems built into your VR headset. This makes it easy to carry around and set up new game spaces in your house, hotel, office, or VR arcade.
Proximat offers a truly immersive experience by using physical buttons to set up your home centering and forward. Setting up your location and direction to improve your virtual experience is useful.
- MINIMIZES ACCIDENTS: Improves VR game play by defining your play area and keeping you within a safer zone away from objects or walls. Provides an extra level of safety with a tactile approach to assist with guardian systems built into your headsets. US Patent #10,350,488
- SMALLER ROOM AND TRAVEL SIZE: Designed to go where you go along with smaller rooms (up to 6 ft / 1.8m). A portable product with it's own convenient carry bag.
- KEEPS YOU CENTERED AND FACING FOWARD: Horseshoe design provides a true bottom or backside of the mat. Adds additional tactile directional location round mats don't and is perfect for systems like the PlayStation. The Elite also includes the standard physical home centering button along with formed ridges give you a true physical presence while in Virtual Reality.
Meta Quest 2 Strap and Counterweight Accessories
Quest 2 Elite Strap
The Meta Quest 2 Elite Strap equips the headset with a premium padded headband. The Quest 2’s default band is different than its predecessor: It’s smaller, lighter and has a softer strap. However, the Quest 2 is still a front-heavy device that will weigh on you after a short amount of time.
Many users have put the official Elite Strap on their required Quest 2 accessories list.
You can easily remove the existing strap by removing the headset’s foam face-lining and two side fittings. Once done, replace it with this elite alternative.
The official Elite head strap has a hard lining to handle the Quest 2’s weight better. It also has a dial at the back that can be turned for a tighter fit on your head. It makes fitting the Quest 2 to your head a much more accessible experience. Turning back the dial lengthens the strap to fit over any head easily. You can twist it back in until you find the right fit for yourself.
- Upgrade your comfort with straps, bracing, and a weight-balancing design that lifts headset weight away from your face for increased comfort. (Packaging may vary) Meta Quest packaging will continue to carry the Oculus name and logo during the transition to our new branding.
- Keep your headset in place and your visuals clear with rigid stabilizing straps that give all-round support.
- Personalize your fit in an instant with a turn of the easily adjustable fit wheel.
Elite Strap with External Battery
The Quest 2 Elite Strap comes with an optional external battery pack option. This premium ergonomic strap increases balance and support with a quick twist of the fit wheel. The strap’s built-in battery doubles your playtime on a single charge.
The Elite Battery Strap also has its own charging port so you can simultaneously charge the strap and headset’s battery. Other Meta Quest 2 accessories to extend the battery life are cheaper, but not as optimized to distribute the headset’s weight better.
- Extend your play time, maximise your comfort and keep your headset secure however much you move (Packaging may vary) Meta Quest packaging will continue to carry the Oculus name and logo during the transition to our new branding.
- Play for longer with a built-in second battery that delivers up to double the play time between charges.
- Maximize comfort with a balancing design that uses the weight of the battery to lift your headset away from your face.
BOBOVR M2 Head Strap
The BOBOVR M2 head strap is a good alternative for the Elite Strap. It is easy to install and ergonomically designed to improve your comfort. It also has 5 different nodes, making it easier to adjust per the player’s comfort.
The strap is designed to evenly distribute weight your head. It also reduces pressure on the face. The M2 is made with high-quality ABS and PC mixed plastic material, which makes it both hard and tough. This is a really comfortable head strap and the best Quest third-party headstrap.
You can get the BOBOVR M2 with an included battery pack for an additional Quest 2 counterweight balance.
- Dedicated Strap accessory designed compatible with Quest2, easy to install. Ergonomic design for your comfort
- Adopts the distributed design of gravity balance, so that the gravity of the product is evenly distributed in different positions of the head, greatly reducing the sense of pressure on the face
- The design has 5 different nodes that can be adjusted, you can freely adjust to the most comfortable state to adapt to different sizes of heads
VR Balance Counterweight And Comfort Kit
The VR Balance is designed to take the weight off the front of your headset. It attaches to the back of the Meta Quest head strap via a removable Velcro design. It weighs around the same as three 10,000 mAh power banks. The mod redistributes weight across the headset, promising more comfortable immersive experiences in which you almost forget you’re wearing a headset.
The VR Balance 2.0 is a soft elite strap alternative that is easy to attach an external battery pack to.
Portable 10000mAh USB-C Battery Pack
Seeking an effective way to extend the battery life of your Meta Quest? The Anker USB-C power bank is one of the best Meta Quest 2 accessories. It can extend your headset’s battery life by many hours longer than the rated 2 hours. It allows you to put away your charging cable for longer or leave it at home while you travel.
A lot of Quest owners attach this to the back of the headset using these velcro strips to act as a counterweight. This makes the headset feel more comfortable on your face for long-term VR games play.
- Quality Throughout:Built adventure-tier touch with superior durability and scratch resistance, PowerCore Slim 10000 is premium both inside and out.
- Slim Size, Big Power:One of the slimmest and lightest 10,000mAh portable chargers on the market. Provides 2.25 charges for iPhone 12, 1.6 charges for Galaxy S20 and 1.2 charges for iPad mini 5.The two input ports may not be used at the same time. The USB-C input port has no output function.
- Versatile Charging: Anker's exclusive PowerIQ and VoltageBoost technology combine to detect and deliver a tailored charge up to 12W, while the trickle-charging mode is the best way to charge low-power devices.
Meta Quest 2 Hardware Accessories
Anker Wireless Charging Dock
This Oculus Quest 2 wireless charging dock from Anker provides an easy way to store and charge your Quest 2 without messily throwing everything on a nearby counter.
The dock comes with rechargeable batteries and magnetic battery covers that allow your controllers to fit nicely into place on the dock. A magnetic USB-C connector comes for your Quest 2 VR headset to fit into place on the dock too.
When you aren’t playing, fit your hardware on the wireless charger, which will charge everything back up in 2.5 hours or less. The dock features overcharge protection, which automatically turns everything off when it is fully charged up.
The wireless dock comes from Anker, but is certified by Oculus to work flawlessly with the Meta Quest 2.
- Effortless Charging: Simply place your Oculus Quest 2 headset and Touch controllers onto the dock to charge.
- Officially Certified: Oculus Ready certified to work flawlessly with Oculus Quest 2.
- High-Speed Charging: Fully charge your headset and controllers in just 2.5 hours.
BeswinVR Magnetic Charge Kit
If you want to make controller charging simple on your Meta Quest 2, the Magnetic Charge Kit from BeswinVR is for you. It comes with a few different components:
- Rechargable batteries
- A custom battery cover that replaces the default Quest 2 ones
- Two magnetic charging cables, one for each controller
When you are done playing, simply connect the magnetic charging cable to each controller and they will top back up to 100% for the next time. The magnetic connections work with popular Quest 2 grips and covers, which is a nice touch too.
- 【Purchase Tips】95% buyer will choose BeswinVR Silicone Grips (Charger hole Ready) with 5 color available to match Charge Kit and update his touch controller expereience.
- 【Fingernails Protection】 Care your fingernails, say goodbye to replace AA battery again and again for the Quest 2 controller. Just leave Quest 2 controller charge in your No-play time and 100% power ready once you pick it up.
- 【Click to Charge】 Just click, 540 °rotate magnetic connector allows you easily charge no matter controllers hang on the wall, sit or lay down the tabletop.
Logitech G Pro VR Headphones
The Logitech G Pro VR Headphones is a variant of the existing G Pro Headphones. Logitech partnered with Meta for these exclusive Quest 2 headphones. It is designed to be sturdy, comfortable, and better at blocking out external sound so that you can concentrate on your game.
The G Pro comes with a short cable designed for VR, so you don’t have to deal with a long dangling wire. It features 50 mm audio drivers and a steel-reinforced headband to make you comfortable. Sound will be better in all of your VR games.
- The official over-ear audio solution for Oculus Quest 2. Designed with the world’s leading esports pros.
- Custom-length cable and passive noise isolation let you fully immerse into the VR world with no outside distractions.
- Designed specifically for the optimal gaming experience, delivering amazingly clear and precise sound imaging for the breathtaking VR experience.
Logitech G333 VR Headphones
The Logitech G333 earbud headphones offer improved audio immersion in a lighter and cheaper package. The Meta Quest 2 has its own built-in rear-firing speakers, but those suffer from sound bleed. This means people around you will hear what you’re playing. Logitech G333 VR Headphones might provide a more personal VR experience.
These accessories are the first in-ear headphones from Logitech G to feature an asymmetrical, custom-length cable specifically created for the Meta Quest 2.
They are drive by dual dedicated audio drivers, one for highs and mids, and one for bass. The G333 VR is designed with sturdy aluminum housing and elegant flat cables that are less likely to get tangled.
- Note : If the size of the earbud tips does not match the size of your ear canals or the headset is not worn properly in your ears, you may not obtain the correct sound qualities or call performance. Change the earbud tips to ones that fit more snugly in your ear
- Designed for Oculus Quest 2 – The official earphones for Oculus Quest 2 provide audio only you can hear, so you can take yourself further into the virtual world.
- Custom-length cable and straps let you focus on your game. 3.5 mm aux connection provides minimal latency for optimal realism.
SteelSeries Stratus XL Bluetooth Controller
The SteelSeries Stratus XL Bluetooth Controller is a wireless gamepad that feels like a solid console controller, and works equally well with the Quest 2. This Meta Quest 2 accessory lets you play 2D and non-VR games on the Quest with the controller instead of your hands.
It also works with any Windows 7 or above PC that can pair with Bluetooth devices. It uses a software engine that lets it control far more PC games than a generic gamepad. It’s a capable dual-purpose controller that can fill a unique niche for some gamers.
According to SteelSeries, the Stratus XL can last for up to 40 hours of gameplay on two batteries. Out of all Bluetooth controller Oculus Quest 2 accessories we looked at, the Stratus XL is our top pick.
If you pick up one of these Meta Quest 2 accessories, use your Bluetooth controller setup guide to get started today.
- Pressure sensitive buttons for precise gaming control
- Console-style left and right analog triggers
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
Orzero VR Lens Cover
If you’re carrying the Quest anywhere, it’s very easy to accidentally brush it against something and scratch the lenses covering the display. The Orzero lens protective cover is one of the Oculus Quest 2 accessories you need to take your headset anywhere.
The Orzero protective dustproof cover is designed to avoid scratching your lenses. It simply clips over the end of your Quest and prevents all contact with the lenses. The cover is made with fabric to stretch it to stay firmly in place over the end of your Quest.
Perhaps more importantly, this specially designed cover can be easily washed and reused regularly. Of course, it won’t need washing often. But, if it does need it, you’ll be grateful it’s possible.
- Specially Designed for the VR Lens of Quest 2, Quest.
- Easy to use and clean, lycra fabric material.
- Dust proof, collision-proof and scratch proof cover
Using a Google Chromecast, you can cast VR games from your headset and stream your Meta Quest to a TV. The Chromecast can also connect to the web using an Ethernet connection. This streaming enables others around you to watch what is happening in Virtual Reality on a TV.
There are two Chromecast devices: the Google Chromecast and the Google Chromecast Ultra. The only difference between these devices is that you can play 4K content with the Ultra. You can view our Chromecast guide for more information.
If your TV is 4K, then the Ultra is perfect as it will stream full quality in other apps.
Each of the Oculus Quest’s Touch controllers requires a AA battery. The worst feeling is when your batteries die in the middle of your session. If you use your headset a lot, the Touch Controller battery will deplete quickly.
Grab these rechargeable AA batteries to help you enjoy uninterrupted playtime for your VR games library. This kit comes with 8 rechargeable batteries, so you’ll always have a few spares on hand when needed.
- High Capacity: 2800mAh 1.2V 12 Pack Ni-MH AA rechargeable batteries
- Long Service Life: It can be recharged over 1200 times and keep 70% power after non-use for 3 years
- Environment Friendly: Ni-MH environmental protection material reduce heavy metal pollution
Meta Quest 2 Accessories For Protection
Meta Quest 2 Carrying Case
This Meta Quest 2 carrying case is designed to help you safely tuck away your headset while on the go. It is lightweight and easy to carry around. It provides sturdy protection for your virtual reality gear, whether at home or on the go.
The padded interior fits the following:
- The Quest 2 headset with Elite Strap or Elite Strap With Battery
- Two Touch controllers
- Charging cable
- Power adapter (all sold separately).
This accessory has a durable case with custom inlay to keep all parts of your headset neatly organized. It also features an easy-carry handle which offers comfortable portability.
- ✔ EXCLUSIVE PATENTED CUSTOM DESIGN - SARLAR carrying case unique streamlined sports car appearance design, hard and sturdy shell for your Oculus Quest 2 VR gaming headset and touch controller accessories with durable protection.
SARLAR Protective Case
One of the most popular Meta Quest 2 cases is the SARLAR Fashion Travel Protective Case. It is engineered specifically for Meta Quest 2, its accessories, and touch controllers. This hard shell protective case is made of 900D waterproof Nylon and 6MM 80 degrees EVA to improve its shock resistance greatly.
The materials make it portable and lightweight for travel. SARLAR’s inner lining uses brushed fabric to avoid scratches caused by friction between your headset and the box.
The package consists of a piece of lens protector cover, one pair of touch controller grip stickers, and one VR stand.
- Custom Design: SARLAR carrying case unique appearance design, hard and sturdy shell for your Meta Quest 2 VR gaming headset and touch controller accessories with durable protection.
- Compatible with: It is carefully designed. The shape of the inner bracket is designed to Oculus Quest 2. The design that combines two internal pockets into one avoids wasted space. The inner lining is made of brushed fabric, which effectively prevents the Qculus Quest 2 from being scratched.
- Safety: Made of hard EVA lightweight material,Fixed elastic band inside, waterproof, Shockproof, Stylish and Durable Guaranteed to prevent any damage to your Oculus Quest 2 VR Gaming Headset and its accessories.
If you use your headset frequently, packing it in an Oculus travel case can be inconvenient. The KIWI VR stand is what you need to make things easy for you. This accessory is a “home” for your Quest 2.
You can use this accessory to organize your system instead of leaving it to perch on a shelf or table. The KIWI design VR Stand feels pretty solid. Its wide stance does not make it feel like it will tip over with the weight of the headset added to it. Each arm that protrudes from each side of the stand can hold each controller.
The front of your Quest 2 then sits on the front resting plate. The back strap slides over the rear halo ring at the rear of the stand. This stand was made for the original, but it works great as part of our Oculus Quest 2 accessories.
- Stable and Safe - KIWI design VR stand is specially designed for displaying and storing your VR headset and touch controllers. It is made of high-quality ABS plastic, with a unique sponge non-slip design and a strong textured round base, it is safe and stable to place your VR headset strap, head-mounted display (HMD), and controllers keep them organized and ready for playing
- Protect Your VR Headset's Lenses - Protect and display your VR headset in the vertical stand with the most stable stance, no contact with the lenses, no worry about scratching. This VR headset holder comes with 2 pairs of different controller holders, you can choose to hang or plug in your controller according to the shape of your controller
- Easy to Assemble - With only four steps to assemble without any tools. VR Display Stand detachable design can be stored away and re-assembled in seconds easily, also, its clean design frees up your desktop space to make your desktop neat and spectacula
LensPen VR Headset Cleaning Kit
The LensPen VR headset cleaning kit boasts a half an inch cleaning tip and can be used on goggles or optic lenses of any size.
The cleaning tip is made up of black carbon, which removes smudges, fingerprints, dust and grease from your Oculus Quest without any trace. The cleaning tip covers all edges and corners.
With the patented carbon cleaning technology in the cap, the tip cleans itself and recharges every time it turns on and off.
The kit also contains eco-friendly FogKlear cloth that cleans the lens and optics to clear them up from fogging and a MicroKlear cloth to clean the smudges and oil stains from the external side of the VR/AR headset.
- VR HEADSET COMPATIBILITY: LensPen AR/VR Pen and Travel Kit boasts a half inch cleaning tip and is designed for any size goggle or optic lens. The carbon cleaning tip bends to clean all corners and edges. Patented carbon cleaning formula in the cap that recharges, and self cleans every time the cap is twisted on and off. Pairs with Playstations 5 & 4 VR, Oculus Quest 2 64gb, HTC Vive, Valve Index, Rift S, Reverb, Cosmos, and all virtual reality headsets.
- NEW BLACK CARBON TECHNOLOGY: Created to remove fingerprints, smudges, dust and grease from any optic, headset or screen. LensPen Products have been cleaning high end optics for more than 25 years. Our products have been tested on wide variety of optics and are safe for use on all glass and high-end plastic (i.e. VR headsets & goggles).
- CRYSTAL CLEAR PATENTED VIRTUAL REALITY: Use patented LensPen products to clean smart glasses, AR / VR goggles including the Microsoft HoloLens, Oculus Quest & PlayStation 4 VR system, along with any other gamer headsets or optics. Each LensPen for AR / VR comes with a handy retractable dust removal brush and a special non-liquid cleaning element, designed to never dry out.
MagicFiber Cleaning Cloths
MagicFiber MicroFiber Cleaning Cloths is one of many jack-of-all-trades Quest 2 accessories that keeps your headset’s lens clean without scratching.
The MagicFiber Microfiber cloth comes in a pack of six. Each cloth has smaller fibers that keep the surface extra soft and smooth. It retains the grippy surface needed for a good clean-up job. At 6″ x 7″, the cloth is a good, average size to keep in a pocket for your Quest when its lens gets smudged.
The surface can also remove dust and oil smudges from lenses when necessary.
- Glasses cleaner - Sourced from the highest quality microfiber that absorbs and removes dust, oil, smudges, fingerprints, dirt, and more. Leaves no scratches, streaks, marks, or lint behind. Makes for the perfect eyeglass cleaner and stocking stuffer.
- Screen cleaner: Our Microfiber cloth accommodates all your screen cleaning needs. It's the perfect eyeglass cleaning cloth, glasses wipes, glass cleaning cloth, lens cleaning cloth, screen cleaning cloth, and even tv cleaning cloth.
- Quality protection: Each MagicFiber lint free cloth comes in its own polybag so that they are always new and ready to use. Includes MagicFiber Microfiber Cleaning Cloth (5 black, 1 grey) 6 x 7 inches (15cm x 18 cm).
Meta Quest 2 Accessories for PC VR Gaming
D-Link VR Air Bridge
The D-Link VR Air Bridge was designed to provide optimal wireless performance for your Meta Quest 2. The VR Air Bridge is a wireless adaptor plugs directly into your laptop or desktop computer’s USB-3 port.
The Air Bridge then wirelessly connects directly to your Meta Quest 2 headset, providing a wireless connection and allowing for an even better gaming experience.
The VR Air Bridge creates a one-on-one wireless connection to the headset, allowing for faster speeds, better connection, and a better VR gaming experience. The Quest operating system is configured to connect and work with the Air Bridge directly, so you have the closest possible integration.
- ATTENTION: Does NOT work with wirelessly connected PC.
- REQUIREMENTS: Wired VR-Ready Windows 10 or 11 PC (PC that is connected wirelessly does not allow optimal connection); USB 3.2 Gen 1 Port; Latest Meta Quest Software; Latest Meta Link Software for host PC. Please see FAQ attached below for additional information. Please contact Meta or D-Link support for any concerns.
- Expand your PC VR Gaming Library: Open your Meta Quest 2 to the world of PC VR gaming and access a wide range of PC VR games from the action-packed Meta Quest Rift Library.
Oculus Link Cable
The Oculus Link cable is one of the top Quest 2 accessories available today. It lets you connect your standalone Oculus Quest virtual reality headset to a VR-ready PC. You can access and play VR games on your Quest through the Oculus Link Beta when connected.
The official Oculus Link cable is of very high quality. It is thin, flexible, and with a length of 5 meters. It’s an optical USB-C cord. The official cable gives you the assurance of quality, reliability, and excellent performance.
- Expand your library. Access 1,000+ PC-based VR titles in the Meta Quest Rift library Compatible gaming PC required, not included. See the Meta Quest website for PC specifications.
- Maintain your range with an extra long, 16ft (5m) construction that gives you space to move in VR, even when connected to your PC. (Packaging may vary) Meta Quest packaging will continue to carry the Oculus name and logo during the transition to our new branding.
- Keep your experience flowing smoothly. Capable of up to 5Gbps, the Link Cable has all the capacity you need for a premium VR experience
We don’t have many software Oculus Quest 2 accessories on the list, but Virtual Desktop is an exception. Virtual Desktop is an Oculus Quest app that takes your standard Windows desktop and fully drops it into VR. From home theatre setups to giant floating curved monitors in space, Virtual Desktop has become a huge part of every VR enthusiasts’ daily usage.
The number one use for Virtual Desktop is wirelessly playing Steam VR games off your computer. This makes your Quest a PC VR headset without any hard-wired connection. Grab a new dedicated dual-band router (see below) and you can play VR games wirelessly without any latency!
Virtual Desktop is robust, extremely customizable, and fun to use too. Click here to check out our full Virtual Desktop on Oculus Quest setup guide.
Tenda AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router
If you plan on using Virtual Desktop, you need to seriously consider a dedicated router for minimal latency. The Tenda AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router is a basic Oculus Quest 2 router. This router is easy to setup, fast, and efficient. It help your Oculus Quest’s Virtual Desktop application to connect to your PC for fast game streaming.
With the Beamforming+, built-in high-powered amplifiers, and external antennas, you can enjoy lag-free gaming and uninterrupted video streaming anytime.
The biggest disadvantage to the AC1200 is that it does not have gigabit ports included. This means that your Virtual Desktop internet speed is limited to 100 Mbps. This isn’t a dealbreaker for some, but the added cost for the AC10U router below might be worth it for you.
- Dual-Band 2.4Ghz plus 5 Ghz: Get Lightning Quick Connections For All Your Wireless Devices By Upgrading To Tenda'S Enhanced 1200 Mbps High Speed Wi Fi Technology (300Mbps At 2. 4Ghz Plus 867Mbps At 5Ghz)
- Powerful Belt Capacity: Link Up To 20 Wireless Devices Like Google Assistant, Alexa And Various Streaming Devices, Simultaneously, While Maintaining Optimum Network Conditions
- Antennas Maximum Signal Coverage: The Tenda Ac6 Is Equipped With Four Powerful 5Dbi Antennas, Delivering High Speed Internet Throughout Your Home And Provides Seamless Coverage For Up To 2000 Sq. Ft. Output: Dc 9V1A
Tenda AC10U Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Router
The Tenda AC10U offers an extra speed that the AC1200 above can’t. It’s nearly identical in shape and ports, with 4 directional antennas built into the router. The AC10U is a big win because it has gigabit ethernet ports. This means you can connect and stream up to 1 Gbps on Virtual Desktop. That is serious speed!
Amazon regularly has deals on the AC10U, making it closer in price to the AC1200 above.
- Stream in 4K on multiple devices and get lightning-quick connections by upgrading to Tenda's enhanced 1200 Mbps high speed Wi-fi technology (300mbps@2. 4GHz plus867Mbps@5GHz)
- Link up to 30 wireless devices like the Google assistant, Alexa and various steaming devices, simultaneously, while maintaining optimum network conditions
- 4 omni-directional antennas with beamforming and Mu-Mimo technology, deliver high-speed internet throughout your home and provide seamless coverage for up to 2000 Sq. ft
Asus RT-AX86U WiFi 6 Router
If you are serious about playing PC VR games on the Meta Quest 2 with Virtual Desktop, consider a full WiFi 6 router. WiFi 6 offers improved speed and reduced latency features that can help you play PC VR games wirelessly as close to wired VR as possible.
Ports on the AX86U router offer up to 2.5 Gbps. This is the latest wireless technology and one of the best Oculus Quest 2 accessories you can use.
NOTE: This WiFi 6 router is only for the Oculus Quest 2. The Oculus Quest 1 does not support WiFi 6.
- New-generation WiFi 6 - Enjoy ultrafast speeds up to 5700 Mbps with the latest WiFi 6 (802.11ax) and 160MHz channels.Power Supply : 19 V with max. 2.37 A current / 19.5 V with max. 2.31 A current. Antenna : External antenna x 3, Internal PCB antenna x 1.
- Mobile Game Mode - Minimize lag and latency for mobile gaming with just a tap on the ASUS Router app
- True 2 Gbps wired and wireless speeds - Aggregated 2 Gbps WAN connections, wired 2.5 Gbps port and WiFi 6
Types of Meta Quest 2 Accessories
The Oculus/Meta Quest 2 is the second-generation wireless Android-based VR headset. The Quest 2 features a new single-panel LCD display with over 50% more pixels than the last generation. It features a new soft strap which is lighter and different than any other Oculus strap.
At $399, the Quest 2 is unbeatable on its own. However, there are a bunch of different accessory types that improve things even more.
This hardware improves how comfortable the headset is sitting on your face. It includes new facial interfaces or hand accessories for your controllers. With these, you’ll be more comfortable playing VR for longer sessions.
Straps and Counterweights
The Quest 2 features a new soft strap that isn’t as sturdy as the Oculus Quest 1. Luckily, there are a bunch of third-party straps that fit more comfortably. Also, the weight of the Quest can put pressure on the front of your face. So, we have a bunch of Quest 2 accessories that counterweight the headset nicely.
There are a bunch of third-party addon accessories for the Quest, including:
- Charging docks
- Better audio headphones
- Bluetooth controllers
- VR guns
- Chromecast for casting
- Rechargeable batteries
PC VR Gaming
On its own, the Quest 2 cannot play PC VR games on the Steam platform. However, Oculus Link and Virtual Desktop offer solutions to enable this. We have a few different Meta Quest 2 accessories to help you play PC VR games in the best way.
Next, check out some of the top Meta Quest 2 accessories in more detail! These accessories also work for Quest 1, unless we say otherwise.
Which of these Meta Quest 2 accessories is your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.
If other new Quest 2 accessories are released, let us know so we can check them out!