In this post, we take a look at a list of the best Rec Room VR games to play today. If you’re curious about playing Rec Room VR games, you might find that there are an overwhelming number of games to try out. We’ve put together the most comprehensive guide on the internet.
If you have a favorite Rec Room game, comment down at the bottom of this guide and let us know.
What Is Rec Room?
Rec Room is an online sandbox game builder for you and your friends. Rec Room allows you to create and play your own games.
You can party with other Rec Roomers from all around the world to chat and hang out. Explore millions of player-created rooms, or build something new and amazing with your friends.
Rec Room is free and cross plays on everything from phones to VR headsets. It is available on Stream VR, Playstation VR, and for the Oculus Quest.
Best Rec Room VR Games
#1. Rec Royale
Rec Royale is a battle royale Rec Room VR game involving 14 to 16 players on an island in a national park. The landscape holds summer camps, mountains, forests, outposts, ravines, lakes, and tons of loot for scavenging.
Players can join the game by teleporting, walking, or playing in screen mode. You should not use walking mode if you are new to VR or you’re susceptible to VR sickness or experience any discomfort while walking. The game is started once enough players are gathered in a lobby.
Rec Royale plays like a mini version of Fortnite in VR.
Rec Royale Features
- When the game starts, all players are automatically put into a gondola that moves over the island.
- You can find ranged weapons, ammunition packs, as well as health and shield potions in cool boxes all over the island.
- Once you are out of health, as indicated by an empty green bar in your display, you can be revived by a teammate.
- There is an unlimited amount of maps in your backpack. Reach to your back at neck height with an empty hand and pull the trigger to fetch a map. To drop a map, release the trigger.
#2. Among Us RR
Among Us RR is an online multiplayer social deduction game. It is based on the Among Us game, which exploded in popularity in September of 2020. The Rec Room VR game version retains most of the same features as the real Among Us.
The game takes place in a space-themed setting where each player takes on one of two roles: Crewmates and Imposters.
The goal for the Crewmates is to identify the Impostors and eliminate them. They also have to complete tasks around the map. The Impostors’ goal is to kill the Crewmates without being identified.
Among Us RR Feaures
- Among Us RR supports four to ten players. One to three of these players are randomly selected each game to be Impostors, while the rest are Crewmates.
- The game can take place on one of three maps: a spaceship, a headquarters building, or a planet base.
- Crewmates have to complete tasks to complete around the map in the form of mini games.
- Impostors are given a fake list of tasks in order to blend in with Crewmates.
- If a player dies, they become a ghost; ghosts have the ability to pass through walls.
Paintball is one of the most popular Rec Room VR games of all time. In Paintball, two teams battle for dominance with a variety of paint weapons on one of several maps in one of two modes. Teleporting, walking, and screen mode players may play in the same room.
This Rec Room VR game is one of the best ways to experience paintball in virtual reality. Hide behind objects and strategically work your way through each map to kill the other team/
Paintball VR Features
- Paintball supports 2 to 8 players
- The goal of each team is to move to the enemy base and grab their flag.
- Paintball maps are customized in two ways. Firstly, by finding the Paintball or PaintballVR room in the Play Menu. Secondly, by creating a new Custom Room based on a paintball map with the Custom Rooms Menu.
#4. Action Rush
Another interesting Rec Room VR game is Action Rush. This is a contest game based on running and jumping.
Your goal as a player is to reach the exit area from the top of the obstacles in 10 different maps. It’s a mix between American Ninja Warrior and To the Top, one of our favorite SideQuest VR games.
Action Rush Features
- You can play Action Rush with your friends
- You’ll run, climb and slide to win against competitors on arenas
#5. Laser Tag
Laser Tag is a recreational shooting sport where players use infrared-emitting light guns to tag designated targets. Infrared-sensitive signaling devices are worn by each player to register hits.
In Laser Tag VR, you have to use a virtual gun to shoot enemies in different maps. Choose whether you want to run and gun or play strategically. You get points for killing other players and lose points when you get shot.
Features Of Laser Tag
- Typical playtime is between 12 and 20 minutes.
- Teleporting, walking VR players, and Screen Mode players may play in the same room.
- Players gain points by tagging enemy players and bots.
- 2 points are awarded for tagging enemy bots, and 10 points are awarded for tagging an enemy player or elite bot.
#6. Golden Trophy
In Golden Trophy, 1 to 4 players use medieval weaponry to team up and fight through 9 acts of fantasy monsters. The Goblin King has stolen the coveted golden trophy and its your job to get it back.
Successfully completing all 9 acts and defeating the final boss rewards each player with a chest. The chest contains one item from the Golden Trophy Cosmetic Sets, the rank of which is determined by your Quest Rating.
A mini-update in December 2018 added back holsters to the game. This allows players to carry a weapon in each hand plus one on their back.
Features Of Golden Trophy
- To start the game, one of your team members must activate the start button by pulling the trigger of the controller.
- Golden Trophy has several tunnels which if entered, will spawn additional enemies that the player will have to kill.
- Golden Trophy has a spot on act 7 which has a random chance of spawning additional enemies
#7. Rec War
Rec War is a top-down deathmatch game with vehicles. It’s a bit like Liero meets GTA. Single player, splitscreen and network play is supported. You can play with up to 64 players and 11 different teams, making it one of the largest Rec Room VR games.
Rec War also includes team game and Capture The Flag play modes.
Features Of Rec War
- Three different vehicles with eight weapons (and a self-destruct mechanism)
- Three game modes: Deathmatch, Team War and Capture The Cow
- Up to 64 players and 11 teams
- Host automatically sends levels if necessary
- Configurable taunts
- A level editor
What is your favorite Rec Room VR game? Comment below and let us know what you like to play with your friends!