In this guide, we take a look at the best Playstation VR games in 2022! Until we wait for a new Playstation VR 2 platform, there are plenty of PS4 VR games to catch up on.
We’ve got games in all different categories, including:
- VR Shooters
For the Oculus Quest 2, you can check out our best Oculus Quest 2 games guide.
For PC VR headsets like the Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, Valve Index, and HTC Vive, check out our best PC VR games guide.
The Best Playstation VR Games
The best Playstation VR games you can play in 2022 are:
- Iron Man VR
- Astro Bot Rescue Mission
- Until You Fall
- Blood & Truth
- Star Wars: SQUADRONS
- The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners
- Paper Beast
- No Man’s Sky
- Final Assault
- Superhot VR
- Firewall Zero Hour
- Wipeout: The Omega Collection
- Ghost Giant
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
- Pistol Whip
- Beat Saber
- Arizona Sunshine
- Skyrim VR
- The Room VR
- Five Nights at Freddy’s: Help Wanted
- VR Worlds
Where to Buy Playstation VR Games
There are three main places to get your Playstation VR games:
- At your local store
- Online via Amazon
- Digitally on the Playstation Store
Each option has its own pros and cons.
At Your Local Store
Be a friend and purchase your Playstation VR games from your local EB Games/Gamestop store. Help a dying business and get physical copies of each game instantly.
The drawback to this approach is that your local store might not have these games in stock. They are filled up with PS5 and Xbox Series content and are currently phasing out PS4.
Online via Amazon
Most games in this list can be purchased physically directly from Amazon. Amazon has same day delivery for a lot of their products, depending on what city you live in. We’ve listed the Amazon page for each game below so that you can learn about each game in more detail. Plus, you can buy it on the spot.
The only drawback to using Amazon is that some games are digital only and cannot be purchased physically. For those games, check out #3 below.
Digitally on the Playstation Store
All the Playstation VR games in this list can be purchased from the Playstation Store on your PS4 or PS5 gaming console. Games will instantly download to your console and ready to play in minutes. The only downside to this approach is that it takes up more space on your hard drive.
If you like this approach, read our list of best Playstation VR games below. Then, head to your console to download them from the official PS store.
Now, let’s get into the list!
#1. Iron Man VR
- Using two PlayStation Move motion controllers Fire up iron Man's repulsor jets and Blast into the skies with an arsenal of iconic iron man Gear at your fingertips
- Face off against One of iron Man's greatest foes in high stakes, action-packed battles
- Upgrade Tech in Tony stark's garage to customize iron Man's sleek armor and awesome abilities
Iron Man VR puts you in the suit of Tony Stark as he battles enemies and saves the world. In the game, Tony is attacked by Ghost, a hacker and anti-corporate activist who repurposes old Stark Industries weapons.
With a pair of PlayStation Move controllers you can take to the skies to battle new enemies. You will learn how to use the Repulsor Jets to dodge enemy attacks as well as shoot them. As the campaign progresses you can customize the suit with various offensive and defensive capabilities to suit the missions. This is the closest to being Iron Man you’ll ever get.
The game is large and feels open-world at times, which is an awesome feeling in virtual reality. Iron Man VR features 8-10 hours of AAA gameplay, and it is one of the best Playstation VR games you can try.
#2. Astro Bot Rescue Mission
- Playstation VR and Camera Required to Play This Game
- European Import - Game fully playable in English - Box in Nordic/Sweden
- 100% Compatible With USA Playstation 4 Console
Astro Bot Rescue Mission is a perfect example of how to develop a great VR game. It is a lovely platformer with invention and a real sense of fun. You will enjoy this game even if you didn’t have to don a headset to enjoy it.
Players team up with Captain Astro to rescue his lost crew scattered across 5 worlds different worlds. The DualShock 4 controller is used to control Astro, but is a virtual gadget in the game to help Astro on his way.
The developers have seamlessly integrated VR play into it, letting you look around the level more freely using your Dualshock controller. It’s a vibrant, joyful game that’s suitable for all ages and is a blueprint for more games to follow in the future.
As you guide the little robot around you through the levels, you’ll shoot grappling hooks. You will also shoot shurikens and more to get him through to his goal. It’s brilliant fun, and a must-play for PSVR owners.
#3. Until You Fall
Until You Fall is a roguelite-style dungeon crawler for the Quest 2 with a neon-soaked art style and a fun, arcade sword-fighting combat system. It’s not quite Hades, but it’s about as close as you’ll get in VR right now.
In the game, you have to battle different enemies with your swords and combo attacks. You only get one life and need to make it as far as you can without dying and having to start over. As you progress, the enemies get harder and harder. There’s lots of scope to mix and match weapons to help you get as far as you can through the world.
Each level in Until You Fall is procedurally generated, so you never get the exact same combination twice. The combat is easy to understand, the visuals are clean, and there are various options to customize the experience to make it as comfortable. It’s one of those Playstation VR games that just makes you feel cool when you play it.
Gorn is a melee and combat Playstation VR game. It is pure, over-the-top violence. You play a gladiator who has to survive brutal fights in an arena with whatever weapons are around you. Or, you can use your hands to destroy enemies as they attack you.
Gorn is similar to Blade and Sorcery, but with a more cartoon game style. Grab and use knives, axes, bows, maces, and more to attack enemies. Gorn has ragdoll physics that make attacking enemies so satisfying. Gorn is a blast and one of our top VR fitness games. It’s fun to play with a group of friends too.
#5. Blood & Truth
- Experience the thrill of becoming a big screen action hero by wielding two PlayStation Move motion controllers, or a DS4 wireless controller.
- Live every moment of the drama with a unique soundtrack of classic movie orchestral scoring and London grime, composed by leading artists.
- Wreak havoc through an unpredictable story packed with twists, turns and shocking revelations.
Blood & Truth is a highly rating VR shooting game for Playstation VR. You play an ex-soldier who must save his family from a London crime boss. Battle through the crime-ridden London underworld in and save your family before it’s too late.
Blood & Truth feels like a huge popcorn flick blockbuster. Scenes and gameplay are over the top and a lot of fun. You can play Blood & Truth with a DualShock controller if you prefer, but it won’t have quite the same immersive effect. The Aim controller, with or without the official gun stock, is a better options.
Blood & Truth has beautiful gunplay and glorious production values. it has a unique soundtrack full of orchestral music. The twists in the game are unpredictable and keep you wanting more.
#6. Star Wars: SQUADRONS
- All Wings Report In – Plan skirmishes with your squadron in the briefing room before taking off to the evolving battlefields across the galaxy. Compete in intense 5 vs. 5 multiplayer dogfights or unite with your squadron to tip the scales in monumental fleet battles. Together, you’re the galaxy’s finest.
- Master Legendary Starfighters – Take control of different classes of starfighters from both the New Republic and Imperial fleets – including the agile A-wing and the devastating TIE bomber. Modify your ship, divert the power between its systems, and destroy your opponents in strategic space dogfights.
- Live Your Star Wars Pilot Fantasy – The cockpit is your home. Use its dashboards to your advantage and – with just a thin hull of metal and glass between you and the perils of space – feel the intensity of combat from a first-person perspective. Take off in thrilling multiplayer modes and a unique single-player Star Wars story, which covers a key campaign near the conclusion of the Galactic Civil War.
STAR WARS: Squadrons puts you in the drivers seat as a pilot of a star fighter. You have to travel through different missions and races within the Star Wars universe. There have been a few different tries, but Squadrons is our favorite Star Wars game for virtual reality.
Squadrons has a really fun single player story that takes place after the Return of the Jedi movie. You join the galaxy’s finest in the battle between the New Republic and the Empire. There is also a 5v5 multiplayer mode in the game where you race alongside other real players.
Racing games in VR have mixed reviews, but STAR WARS: Squadrons is the gold standard PC VR game experience so far.
#7. The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners
- Explore new ORLEANS in a free roam survival horror adventure.
- The complete Edition features the full game, tourist Edition in game bonuses and the Meatgrinder DLC.
- battle against hordes of undead for the highest score in the trial.
The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners is one of the most popular Playstation VR games of all time. In the game, you face all the horrors that the living and the dead can offer in the Walking Dead universe.
The game takes place in a ravished New Orleans. You have to explore, craft, and hunt your way to safety. Sneak up and kill walked with whatever weapon you have on you. As the game progresses through each day, you unravel a city wide mystery. You’ll meet other people, some friendly and some foe. Each choice you make has decisions on the food and supplies available to you.
The story is a good length, between 6-10 hours depending on side work. Game physics when attacking walkers is very satisfying. Overall, the game is a must-have.
#8. Paper Beast
Paper Beast is one of the most unusual Playstation VR games. It is a puzzle adventure inside a digital world. As you explore the world, you will come across digital life forms originating from lost Internet codes and algorithms inside the internet.
The main story in Paper Beast has you solving puzzles and challenges. You shape your world to overcome obstacles and find solutions to your problems. Along the way, there is a cute mystery to unravel.
In addition to the campaign, there’s a sandbox mode where you can build your own worlds. Paper Beast is one of those video games which showcase how unique VR can be.
#9. No Man’s Sky
- Online: team up with friends to journey, build and fight together online
- VR: feel every moment in PS VR with immersive and intuitive controls
- updates: contains all 7 major updates since Initial launch!
No Man’s Sky is an open world space exploration game where you can search and explore an unlimited number of planets. Each planet has different missions and lifeforms to explore and the game is one of the most ambitious ever created.
The game is way better with friends who you can explore and battle with throughout the universe with. And a VR headset makes the entire thing come alive. Out of all multiplayer VR games, No Man’s Sky is one of the most ambitious of all. You can play this Playstation VR game on your console without your headset too.
#10. Final Assault
Final Assault is a World War II based real-time strategy game. It was originally released as a PC VR game before coming out as one of our favorite Playstation VR games. Final Assault has a single-player mode and cross-platform multiplayer too.
In the game, you play in god-mode over top of a giant battlefield. Command tanks and missiles however you need to advance your position. Carry out air strikes and bombings while moving into enemy territory. Take control of strategic locations and win the war.
Final Assault is the kind of game that looks and feels good in virtual reality. It’s a casual strategic Playstation VR game.
- Traverse an unnerving alien world as you search for survivors and a way home.
- Master various weapons - from charged plasma rifles to a railgun - in the fight through packs of hostile alien life.
- Explore and fight together with a friend in 2 player co-op.
Farpoint is a VR shooting game in space that takes place on a hostile alien planet. Separated from your colleagues, you have to scan the area, find clues, and protect yourself at all costs. Farpoint is optimized for the official PSVR Aim gun stock. There is an official Farpoint Playstation VR bundle you can buy.
The single player campaign in Farpoint is engaging. As you discover each secret, you’ll end up blasting your way through aliens in an attempt to survive. Farpoint features a player and weapon progression system where you will unlock new guns and items as you play.
Farpoint also features a verses mode where you play against others in game modes like Deathmatch and Uplink.
#12. Superhot VR
- Blurring the lines between cautious strategy and unbridled mayhem, SUPERHOT VR is the definitive VR FPS in which time moves only when you move. No regenerating health bars. No conveniently placed ammo drops. It's just you, outnumbered and outgunned, grabbing the weapons of fallen enemies to shoot, slice, and maneuver through a hurricane of slow-motion bullets
- Decisive winner of dozens of VR Game of the Year awards, SUPERHOT VR is a title reimagined and redesigned from the ground up for VR and hand tracking controllers. The fruit of over three years of focused trailblazing, SUPERHOT VR brings the visceral action of SUPERHOT directly into your head and soul. And now also - directly into your PSVR
- This title requires Move Controllers
Superhot VR throws you into a minimalist all-white void, where blank-faced polygonal red enemies attack. It originally launched on Kickstarter and is now one of the most popular VR games of all time.
At a glance, Superhot VR seems like something out of TRON, but the gameplay is pure Matrix. The killer hook is that time only moves when you do. This mechanic works brilliantly in VR to move around in real space. Each level doubles as a sort of puzzle, challenging you to figure your opponents before they reach you.
Its hard to describe how unique the Superhot VR experience is. It is the type of game made perfect for virtual reality.
#13. Firewall Zero Hour
- The power of the PlayStation 4 system and PlayStation VR come together to deliver a realistic strategic shooter brought to life with the added immersive power of virtual reality
- Choose from 12 playable contractors from around the globe each with their own individual starting perk. Compliment your chosen contractor with a variety of upgradable weapons and skills
- Firewall Zero hour supports the PS VR aim Controller, enabling you to fully immerse yourself in the moment to moment action
Firewall Zero Hour is a VR shooting game similar to Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six series. It is a strategic shooting game that requires you to work as a team. Firrewall requires an Aim Controller to play.
You choose one of 12 contractors hired by anonymous contract handlers to either protect or obtain valuable data. The game takes you around the globe to different locations. The handler will provide critical information to you while you play.
As you progress, you get to customize your weapons and gear. Your squad must each play their role to succeed. There is also a Firewall Playstation VR bundle that includes the Aim Controller too.
#14. Wipeout: The Omega Collection
- Sharp bends, stomach-churning loops and sheer drops – are you prepared for the breath-taking, full throttle return of WipEout? Packed with all the content from WipEout HD, WipEout HD Fury and WipEout 2048, Omega Collection features 26 reversible circuits, 46 unique ships, a ton of game modes and a mixture of new and classic music tracks
- Take out the competition with a variety of weapons while ripping through the air to some of the most memorable tunes in video game racing Whether you’re blazing past a friend in the split-screen two-player mode or leaving all-comers in the dust via the eight-player online matches, fast and furious futuristic fun is at your fingertips
- With improved lighting effects and sharper visuals, this is WipEout like you’ve never seen it before
Wipeout is a Playstation VR racing game. It brings content together from all previous Wipeout games: HD, Fury, and 2048.
If you aren’t familiar, Wipeout is a fast-paced racing game. You pilot an anti-gravity ship that travels at extreme speeds through different tracks. The game has a futuristic feel and contains EDM music as its soundtrack.
In each race, you collect power-ups such as machine guns, missiles, mines, and rockets. These power-ups are used to gain an adventure in the race and to speed ahead into first place.
There aren’t a lot of quality racing games for VR, but Wipeout is top of the mountain for Playstation VR games.
#15. Ghost Giant
- Ghost Giant is a heartfelt puzzle story in VR about trying to keep life together with a little help from a very big friend
- In Ghost Giant, you are the protector of the lonely little boy, Louis
- Invisible to everyone but him, you explore his world and use your size to help him and the citizens of Sancourt
Ghost Giant is a unique Playstation VR game that combines a game with a highly immersive story. You have to watch over a cat named Louis and aid him on a journey to take care of his family and town. You play in god-mode, interacting with the environment to complete puzzles and tasks.
In addition to Louis, you have to travel through the town of Sancourt and help its citizens. The puzzles are simple, but Ghost Giant is a beautiful VR game and story. Like Superhot, Ghost Giant is a unique experience you must experience to appreciate.
#16. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
- Opening the doors to a new era of horror - The next major entry in the renowned Resident Evil series makes a dramatic new shift as it comes to next generation consoles, Windows PC and PlayStation VR Returning to the series' roots - Resident Evil 7 biohazard will deliver an experience reminiscent of the series' signature gameplay including exploration, puzzles and a realistic tense atmosphere for players to encounter but will offer a complete refresh of the gameplay systems to propel the survival horror experience to the next level
- Immersive, visceral horror - A new shift for the series to first person view brings the terrifying horror directly up close and personal
- PSVR compatibility heightens the chilling experience even more
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard is the next chapter in the popular survival horror game. This game in the series adds full virtual reality support, making it a next-level Playstation VR game.
You are trapped in an abandoned southern farmhouse. Evil and creepiness lurks everywhere. The goal is to get out alive while exploring clues around the house and progressing the story. There are a variety of ways to finish each level and the game overall.
Make sure you have a strong stomach to play Resident Evil in VR. If you are good with horror games, this is the one you want.
#17. Pistol Whip
Pistol Whip is a unique rhythm and shooting game that plays well in virtual reality. You mostly stand still and move through a level while shooting bad guys to the beat of the music. At the same time, you have to dodge bullets and obstacles in your way.
Pistol Whip often gets compared to Beat Saber, but we think its more unique. It’s a good mix if you want to shoot in VR, but aren’t a fan of traditional military games.
Pistol Whip recently launched 2089, a free upgrade which adds a story mode into the game. 2089 is out for Oculus and Steam VR and is coming soon to PSVR. When it is released for the Playstation VR game version, play it, because It is awesome.
#18. Beat Saber
Beat Saber is one of the most popular Oculus Quest games of all time. It comes optimized for the new Oculus Quest 2 with a new multiplayer mode and music packs. With this new feature, you can now play Beat Saber with your friends, family, or strangers around the world.
This is a beat-matching rhythm action game. The game challenges you to swipe lightsaber-style batons through red or blue blocks flying at you. Slash the blocks in the direction of the arrow and dodge around or duck under oncoming walls.
Beat Saber delights with an incredible original soundtrack and features downloadable music packs from real artists too. The game is easy to learn, but hard to master. Without a doubt, one of the most addictive Playstation VR game experiences bar none.
#19. Arizona Sunshine
Arizona Sunshine is the original zombie game for the PSVR. Don weapon and gear and battle your way through a single player storyline filled with zombies. It was released a few years before The Walking Dead made its debut in VR, but follows a similar story and path.
In the game, you have to travel through the dessert looking for food and supplies. As you progress through the story, you’ll meet and protect other people on your journey. You will use guns, knives, and other weapons to kill zombies and keep yourself safe.
The online mode in Arizona Sunshine has you joining a team with other players to cooperatively move through the game together.
#20. Skyrim VR
- Skyrim VR is coming to PlayStation 4’s virtual reality platform
- A true, full-length open-world game for VR has arrived from award-winning developers, Bethesda Game Studios.
- Skyrim VR reimagines the complete epic fantasy masterpiece with an unparalleled sense of scale, depth, and immersion.
Skyrim VR is a virtual reality role-playing game in which players assume the role of Dovakin. Dovakin is a prophesied figure with the power to combat dragons in the fictional world of Skyrim.
Skyrim contains a massive open-world environment. You have to complete hundreds of missions and side quests in your journey. Players use swords, bows and arrows, axes, and magic attacks to kill various enemies like wolves, dragons, human bandits and soldiers.
Skyrim is one of the most ambitious games of all time and is adapted for virtual reality play. Unfortunately, the Playstation VR game version of Skyrim does not support all the custom mods that the PC VR version does.
If you are going to buy Skyrim digitally, make sure you select the VR version of the game!
#21. The Room VR
The Room VR is an exploration puzzle game with escape room elements into it. This Playstation VR game was designed from the ground up for virtual reality. It is based on the original mobile game.
In The Room VR, you are tasked to look into the disappearance of an esteemed Egyptologist. Your search will take you through mysterious locations that contain gadgets, mystery, and illusions. Each level is extremely well done, which makes this game fun. The puzzles are not too difficult, but require a bit of thinking in order to complete.
- Players reach into a dynamic, interactive world where their every action has impact.
- Moss brings players into the world. Their senses transport them to lively, humming environments filled with intriguing creatures, ancient artifacts, and vast, panoramic views.
- Players guide the hero via approachable and familiar action-adventure controls.
Moss is a single player adventure game released for VR and available on Playstation VR, Steam VR, and Oculus. In the game, you guide a mouse named Quill on a journey of greatness.
While exploring the woods, she finds a mysterious Glass Relic and an ancient magic is awakened. Together, you will travel together to different worlds and locations. Each level contains enemies to battle and puzzles to solve. As you progress through the story, you will look for Quill’s uncle and help her to save the day.
Moss is a good Playstation VR game for those that like adventure titles with a puzzle twist. The presentation is fun for any age. The only drawback is that you need to use your Dualshock controller on PS4 to play.
#23. Five Nights at Freddy’s
- You're hired: Time to get your hands dirty; repair claustrophobic ventilation systems, troubleshoot broken animatronics that could activate at any moment, or spend your evenings cowering in the nighttime security office
- Celebrate: Confront your favorite killer animatronics including: Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, Foxy, Springtrap, The Mangle, Funtime Foxy, and Circus Baby
- Fun Prizes: Toys, plushies, bobbleheads, and candy candy; Earn super fun prizes you can play with at the interactive Prize Counter; Collect well-hidden Faz-Tokens to unlock even more rare collectibles for more super fun
Five Nights at Freddy’s is a PC VR game in the horror genre. You are tasked with watching over Freddy’s fun house as a security guard. Watch the cameras and don’t let the animatronic bears out of your site. But beware, switching cameras takes up power and you need that in order to make the end of the night and complete the level.
Help Wanted is a collection of levels from previous FNAF computer games. They’ve all be remastered for virtual reality and the game experience plays really great.
FNAF is popular because it is a light-hearted horror game. It’s enough to make you jump out of your VR headset, but not enough to turn you off. If you want to ease into the horror genre before trying out Resident Evil, FNAF is right for you.
#24. VR Worlds
- The London Heist -Immerse yourself in London's gritty criminal underworld as you step into the shoes of an east-end gangster. Relive the dramatic heist shootout and survive a high speed getaway.
- Ocean Descent -Descend through the breath-taking layers of the ocean as a rookie diver and experience the incredible marine life all around you.
- VR Luge-Feel the exhilaration of an illegal street race down perilous roads as you lay inches off the ground on your luge board.
VR Worlds is a bit of an introduction experience to Playstation VR in general. It contains a few different demos to play that showcase virtual reality movement and gameplay. Still, it is a fun group experience that is still promoted highly today.
The game features five different experiences:
London Heist: A first-person VR shooter game when you play a mobster in charge of stealing a diamond.
VR Luge: A luge game where you lean on a luge sled and slide down the highway while dodging vehicles.
Scavenger’s Odyssey: This is a combination driving and action game in space. You explore an area with vehicles and defeat aliens using weapons like your scavenger beam or pulse cannon.
Ocean Descent: This is a casual game that takes place in the ocean. Descend downward and observe different marine wildlife.
Danger Ball: Danger Ball is a sports game where you use your head to hit a ball as you travel around an arena.
Statik is an exclusive Playstation VR game that cannot be played anywhere else. It is a sophisticated puzzle game that has you in a mysterious place with a person you don’t know. Your hands are tied together inside a box full of puzzles to solve. Its a unique way to play PSVR with the DualShock controller instead of VR motion ones.
Each day in the game, you wake up with a unique puzzle device attached to your hands. You must use your brain, eyes, and ears to solve each mystery. Statik plays with your real life senses in virtual reality like every before.
Each tap on your PlayStation controller pushes, switches, and triggers a different part of the box. You have to figure out the right sequence in order to activate something in the box or room. Statik came out in 2017 and can be grabbed for cheap today. It’s well worth it.
What is your favorite PSVR game? Did we get our list right? If you have a Playstation VR game you are playing, comment below and let us know!