There are some great accessories and add-on hardware that can make your Oculus Quest 2 VR headset better. We’ve compiled the 23 best Oculus Quest 2 accessories below to check out.
From improved sound, more comfort, and other cables, we’ll show you everything you need.
New, we’ve merged our Oculus Quest 1 accessories guide into here as well! That means that our list below is now applicable to the Oculus Quest 2 and Quest 1 as well.
Newly added, an Oculus Quest 2 wireless charging dock!
If you have any other Quest 2 accessories you recommend, comment at the bottom of this guide!
The Top Oculus Quest 2 Accessories:
- Quest 2 Face Cover from VR Cover
- Kiwi Knuckle Strap
- Official Fit Pack
- Oculus Quest 2 Wireless Charging Dock
- Logitech G Pro VR Headphones
- Logitech G333 VR Headphones
- Elite Strap
- Elite Strap with External Battery
- VR Balance Strap and Counterweight
- Portable 10000 mAh Battery Pack
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Bluetooth Controller
- Orzero VR Lens Cover
- Double Handle Rifle Gun
- Google Chromecast
- Rechargeable Batteries
- Quest 2 Carrying Case
- KIWI VR Stand
- MagicFiber Cleaning Cloths
- Oculus Link Cable
- Virtual Desktop
- Tenda AC1200 Dual Band Router
- Tenda AC10U Dual Band Gigabit Router
- Asus RT-AX86U WiFi 6 Router
Types of Oculus Quest 2 Accessories
The Oculus Quest 2 is the second generation wireless Android-based VR headset. The Quest 2 features a new single-panel LCD display with over 50% more pixels than the last generation. It features a new soft strap which is lighter and different than any other Oculus strap.
At $299, the Quest 2 is unbeatable on its own. However, there are a bunch of different accessory types that improve things even more.
This hardware improves how comfortable the headset is sitting on your face. It includes new facial interfaces or hand accessories for your controllers. With these, you’ll be more comfortable playing VR for longer sessions.
Straps and Counterweights
The Quest 2 features a new soft strap which isn’t as sturdy as the Oculus Quest 1. Luckily, there are a bunch of third party straps that fit more comfortable. Also, the weight of the Quest can put pressure on the front of your face. So, we have a bunch of Quest 2 accessories that counterweight the headset nicely.
There are a bunch of third party addon accessories for the Quest, including:
- Charging docks
- Better audio headphones
- Bluetooth controllers
- VR guns
- Chromecast for casting
- Rechargeable batteries
PC VR Gaming
On its own, the Oculus Quest 2 cannot play PC VR games on the Steam platform. However, Oculus Link and Virtual Desktop offer solutions to enable this. We have a few different Oculus Quest 2 accessories to help you play PC VR games in the best way.
Next, check out some of the top Oculus Quest 2 accessories in more detail! These accessories also work for the Quest 1, unless we say otherwise.
Oculus Quest 2 Comfort Accessories
Quest 2 Face Cover From VR Cover
VR Cover is a face cover that prevents sweat from soaking into your Oculus Quest 2 padding. It is an essential Quest 2 accessory tha every user should have on hand.
VR Cover is a soft, washable, medical grade silicone cover to protect your Quest 2 from sweat and dirt. Now you can work out in VR with a safe silicon cover that doesn’t let sweat soak in.
What if you intend to show off your Quest 2 with friends or family members? Grab a few clean covers to play some multiplayer VR games.
The biggest praise for VR Cover is that the accessories feel more comfortable than the headset does by default. This extra comfort is key for extended sessions in virtual reality.
The hygiene cover is the top selling accessory for VR. And VR Cover was quick to release their cover for the Quest 2 when it was announced.
Kiwi Knuckle Straps
KIWI knuckle straps for the Oculus Quest do a better of holding your touch controllers in place while you play. They are an alternative to those who don’t like the flimsy soft strap that comes by default with the Oculus Quest.
A lot of Oculus Quest fans enjoy the added flexibility they get while wearing these Oculus Quest accessories. We have both the Quest 2 and Quest 1 straps listed below.
- Perfectly protect the controller - KIWI design touch controller grip cover prevents the touch controllers from being thrown out while playing games, and protects the touch controllers from scratching and soiling, which perfectly protect the controller for Oculus Quest 2
- Premium material - the grip cover is made of eco-friendly premium silicone which is non-slip, durable, and comfortable to enhance your game enjoyment. The knuckle strap is made of durable PU leather for comfort and sweat resistance
- Humanized design - the texture of the protective shell increases friction, improves grip and wicks sweat; The bottom of the grip cover is lengthened which is more comfortable for people with large hands to hold and easy to reach all buttons; The reserved hole allows for the original wrist straps to remain in place, which is an added layer of security. Tips: You can press the Velcro lightly to make it firmer
- Better Immersion and Protection - Specially designed this knuckle strap for Oculus Quest & Oculus Rift S Touch Controller, allows you release your hands from the controllers but keeps them in place which can add better immersions while in VR experience, also provides a better protection for your controllers. Please Note : This product just for Oculus Quest 1, NOT for Quest 2.
- Wear Resistant and Comfortable - Made of high quality PU material, it is non-slip, durable and comfortable, makes you feel more enjoyable during your long game.
- Adjustable and Perfect - Nylon Magic Tape design for adjustable length, it can be used with different sized hands, makes your hands and controllers perfectly fit.
Official Fit Pack
The Fit Pack is an official Quest 2 accessory directly from Oculus. The official pack includes a pair of light blockers and two alternate-width facial interfaces for various face shapes.
The two alternate interchangeable facial interfaces will allow you to find your ideal fit. There are wider and narrower options to either increase or reduce padding between your face and the headset. The Silicone light blockers will prevent excess light from entering around your nose area.
The facial interfaces are made from the same premium materials as the standard interface, so you know they are quality.
- Two alternate interchangeable facial interfaces allow you to find your ideal fit
- Wider and narrower options increase or reduce padding between your face and the headset
- The facial interfaces are made from the same premium materials as the standard interface
Oculus Quest 2 Strap and Counterweight Accessories
Quest 2 Elite Strap
The Oculus Quest 2 Elite Strap equips the headset with a premium padded headband. The Quest 2’s default band is different than its predecessor: It’s smaller, lighter and has a softer strap. However, the Quest 2 is still a front-heavy device that will weigh on you after a short amount of time.
Many users have put the Elite Strap in their required Quest 2 accessories list.
You can easily remove the existing strap by removing the headset’s foam face-lining and two side fittings. Once done, replace it with this elite alternative.
The Elite Strap has a hard lining to better handle the Quest 2’s weight. It also has a dial at the back that can be turned for a tighter fit on your head. It makes fitting the Quest 2 to your head a much more accessible experience. Turning back the dial lengthens the strap to easily fit over any head. You can then twist it back in until you find the right fit for yourself.
- Premium rigid hard strap enhances stability and ergonomics while playing
- Flexible brace supports your head for longer, more comfortable playtime
- The rear fit wheel easily adjusts tightness with a quick twist
Elite Strap with External Battery
The Quest 2 Elite Strap comes with an option external battery option. This premium ergonomic strap increases balance and support with a quick twist of the fit wheel. The strap’s built-in battery doubles your playtime on a single charge.
The Elite Battery Strap also has its own charging port so you can charge the strap and headset’s battery together at once. Other Quest 2 accessories to extend the battery life are cheaper, but not as optimized to distribute the weight of the headset better.
VR Balance Counterweight And Comfort Kit
The VR Balance is designed to take the weight off the front of your headset. It attaches to the back of the Oculus Quest head strap via a removable Velcro design. It weighs around the same as three 10,000 mAh power banks. The mod redistributes weight across the headset, promising more comfortable immersive experiences in which you almost forget you’re wearing a headset.
New is the VR Balance 2.0 which is made for the Oculus Quest 2.
Portable 10000mAh USB-C Battery Pack
Seeking an effective way to extend the battery life of your Oculus Quest? One of the best Oculus Quest 2 accessories is the AUKEY USB-C power bank. It can extend your headset’s battery life by many hours longer than the rated 2 hours. It allows you to put away your charging cable for longer or leave it at home while you travel.
A lot of Quest owners attach this on to the back of the headset using these velcro strips to act as a counterweight. This makes the headset feel more comfortable on your face for long-term play.
No products found.
Oculus Quest 2 Hardware Accessories
Anker Wireless Charging Dock
This Oculus Quest 2 wireless charging dock from Anker provides and easy way to store and charge your Quest 2 without messily throwing everything on a nearby counter.
The dock comes with rechargeable batteries and magnetic battery covers that allow your controllers to fit nicely into place on the dock. A magnetic USB-C connector comes for your Quest 2 VR headset to fit into place on the dock too.
After that, the entire process is seamless. When you aren’t playing, fit your hardware on the wireless charger and it will charge everything back up in 2.5 hours or less. The dock features overcharge protection, which automatically turns everything off when it is fully charged up.
The wireless dock comes from Anker, but is certified by Oculus to work flawlessly with the Oculus Quest 2.
- Effortless Charging: Simply place your Oculus Quest 2 headset and Touch controllers onto the dock to charge.
- Officially Certified: Oculus Ready certified to work flawlessly with Oculus Quest 2.
- High-Speed Charging: Fully charge your headset and controllers in just 2.5 hours.
Logitech G Pro VR Headphones
The Logitech G Pro VR Headphones is a variant of the existing G Pro Headphones. Logitech partnered with Oculus on this exclusive version for the Quest 2. It is designed to be sturdy, comfortable and better at blocking out external sound so that you can concentrate on your game.
It comes with a short cable designed for VR, so you don’t have to deal with a long dangling wire. It features 50 mm audio drivers and a steel-reinforced headband to make you comfortable. Logitech claims it delivers “rich and precise” sound, with accuracy across a wide frequency range with high-fidelity bass response.
The 2016 Oculus Rift was the first modern VR headset to ship with integrated headphones. Quest and Rift S, like Quest 2, deliver audio through vents in the side straps, but this can’t match the immersion of actual headphones.
- The official over-ear audio solution for Oculus Quest 2. Designed with the world’s leading esports pros.
- Custom-length cable and passive noise isolation let you fully immerse into the VR world with no outside distractions.
- Designed specifically for the optimal gaming experience, delivering amazingly clear and precise sound imaging for the breathtaking VR experience.
Logitech G333 VR Headphones
The Logitech G333 earbud headphones offer improved audio immersion in a lighter and cheaper package. The Oculus Quest 2 has its own built-in rear-firing speakers, but these suffer sound bleed. This means people around you will hear what you’re playing. Logitech G333 VR Headphones might be the solution for a more personal VR experience.
These accessories are the first in-ear headphones from Logitech G to feature an asymmetrical, custom length cable specifically created for the Oculus Quest 2.
They are drive by dual dedicated audio drivers, one for highs and mids, and one for bass. The G333 VR is designed with sturdy aluminum housing and elegant flat cables that are less likely to get tangled.
As you’d expect, the G333 earphones also come with various sized tips to get the best fit for your ears as well. Logitech’s new Oculus Quest 2 accessories were design to match the headset perfectly.
- Designed for Oculus Quest 2 – The official earphones for Oculus Quest 2 provide audio only you can hear, so you can take yourself further into the virtual world.
- Custom-length cable and straps let you focus on your game. 3.5 mm aux connection provides minimal latency for optimal realism.
- Designed specifically for the optimal gaming experience. Dedicated drivers, one for highs/mids and one for bass, provide detail-rich audio to accurately recreate the VR environment.
SteelSeries Stratus XL Bluetooth Controller
The SteelSeries Stratus XL Bluetooth Controller is a wireless gamepad that feels like a solid console controller, and works equally well with Oculus Quest 2. This Oculus Quest 2 accessory lets you play 2D and non-VR games on the Quest with the controller instead of your hands.
It also works with any PC running Windows 7 or above that can pair with Bluetooth devices. It uses a software engine that lets it control far more PC games than a generic gamepad. It’s a capable dual-purpose controller that can fill a unique niche for some gamers.
This Bluetooth controller measures 4.4 by 5.9 by 1.7 inches (HWD) and weighing a solid 10.2 ounces with two AA batteries. The controls are arranged in a PlayStation configuration, with concave analog sticks parallel with each other below a plus-shaped direction pad and four face buttons (A/B/X/Y, laid out in Xbox style).
According to SteelSeries, the Stratus XL can last for up to 40 hours of gameplay on two batteries. Out of all Bluetooth controller Oculus Quest 2 accessories we looked at, the Stratus XL is our top pick.
If you pick one of these Oculus Quest 2 accessories up, use your Bluetooth controller setup guide to get started today.
- Pressure sensitive buttons for precise gaming control
- Console-style left and right analog triggers
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
Orzero VR Lens Cover
It’s not just when you’re using the Quest that you need to protect the lenses. If you’re carrying the Quest anywhere, it’s very easy to accidentally brush it against something. That can result in the lenses being scratched without you even realizing it. The Orzero lens protective cover is one of the Oculus Quest 2 accessories you need if you take your headset anywhere.
The Orzero protective dustproof cover is designed to avoid your lenses getting scratched. It simply clips over the end of your Quest and prevents all contact with the lenses. The cover is made with fabric to give it the stretch it needs to stay firmly in place over the end of your Quest.
The fabric is soft and guaranteed not to scratch your Quest lenses. It’s also dust-proof, scratch-proof, and even collision-proof. In short, it’s going to protect your Quest for you, and it looks pretty good at the same time.
Perhaps more importantly, this specially designed cover can be easily washed and reused on a regular basis. Of course, it won’t need washing often. But, if it does need it, you’ll be grateful that it’s possible.
- Specially Designed for the VR Lens of Oculus Quest 2, Oculus Quest.
- Easy to use and clean, lycra fabric material.
- Dust proof, collision-proof and scratch proof cover
Double Handle Rifle Gun
If you play a lot of shooting games, then you need a rifle to improve your experience. It makes it feel like you are holding a real gun.
This double handle rifle gun works nicely. Your Touch controllers fit inside of the holder with a magnet and stay in place while you play. The double handle bracket controller is very ergonomic and feels comfortable in gameplay for long periods. The installation process is very easy. Plus, the gun feels sturdy and durable too.
The double handle bracket controller is very ergonomic and feels comfortable in gameplay for long periods. The installation process is very easy. Plus, the gun feels sturdy and durable too.
Here are some other VR gun controllers to check out.
No products found.
Using a Google Chromecast, you can cast the view from your headset and stream your Oculus Quest to a TV. The Chromecast can also connect to the web using an Ethernet connection. This streaming enables others around you to watch what is happening in Virtual Reality on a TV.
Chromecast is also a great accessory for demoing your Oculus Quest 2 headset as other people can watch what you are doing in Virtual Reality. Users can watch and instruct other people who are not very familiar with the device. The Chromecast makes the VR headset a better party tool.
There are two types of Chromecast devices: the Google Chromecast and the Google Chromecast Ultra. The only difference between these devices is that with the Ultra, you can play 4K content.
If your TV is 4K, then the Ultra is perfect as it will stream full quality in other apps.
Each of the Oculus Quest’s Touch controllers requires a AA battery. The worst feeling is when your batteries die in the middle of your session. If you are using your headset a lot, the Touch Controller battery is going to get depleted pretty quickly.
Grab these rechargeable batteries to help you enjoy an uninterrupted play time all day along. Rechargeable AA batteries will also save you money over the long haul and are great for environmental sustainability.
This kit comes with 8 batteries so that you’ll always have a few spares on hand when you need them.
Oculus Quest 2 Accessories For Protection
Oculus Quest 2 Carrying Case
This Oculus Quest 2 carrying case is designed to help you safely tuck away your headset when you are on the go. It is lightweight and easy to carry around. It provides sturdy protection for your virtual reality gear, whether you’re at home or on the go.
The padded interior fits the following:
- The Quest 2 headset with Elite Strap or Elite Strap With Battery
- Two Touch controllers
- Charging cable
- Power adapter (all sold separately).
This accessory has a durable case with custom inlay to keep all parts of your headset neatly organized. It also features an easy-carry handle which offers comfortable portability.
- Premium custom carrying case for Oculus Quest 2 with durable protection
- Fits the Oculus Quest 2 headset, controllers, charging cable and power adapter
- Custom inlay and molding keep all parts neatly organized
If you use your headset frequently, then packing it away in an Oculus travel case can be inconvenient. The KIWI VR stand is what you need to make things easy for you. This accessory is a “home” for your Quest 2.
You can use this accessory to organize your system, instead of leaving it to perch on a shelf or table. Thus, keeping its battery topped up and ready for your next session
The KIWI designed VR Stand feels pretty solid. Its wide stance does not make it feel like it will tip over with the weight of the headset added to it. Each arm that protrudes out of each side of the stand can hold each controller on them.
The front of your Quest 2 then sits on the front resting plate. The back strap slides over the rear halo ring at the rear of the stand. This stand was made for the original, but it works great as part of our Oculus Quest 2 accessories.
- Stable and Safe - KIWI design VR stand is specially designed for displaying and storing your VR headset and touch controllers. It is made of high-quality ABS plastic, with a unique sponge non-slip design and a strong textured round base, it is safe and stable to place your VR headset strap, head-mounted display (HMD), and controllers keep them organized and ready for playing.
- Protect Your VR Headset's Lenses - Protect and display your VR headset in the vertical stand with the most stable stance, no contact with the lenses, no worry about scratching. This VR headset holder comes with 2 pairs of different controller holders, you can choose to hang or plug in your controller according to the shape of your controller.
- Easy to Assemble - With only four steps to assemble without any tools. VR Display Stand detachable design can be stored away and re-assembled in seconds easily, also, its clean design frees up your desktop space to make your desktop neat and spectacular.
MagicFiber Cleaning Cloths
MagicFiber MicroFiber Cleaning Cloths is one of many jack-of-all-trades Quest 2 accessories that will keep your headset’s lens clean without scratching.
Since many people like to keep a microfiber cloth handy, this cloth’s size makes portability a key focus. More importantly, this accessory will keep your lens clean no matter the mess.
The MagicFiber Microfiber cloth comes in a pack of six. Each cloth has smaller fibers that keep the surface extra soft and smooth. It retains the grippy surface needed for a good clean up job. At 6″ x 7″, the cloth is a good, average size to keep in a pocket for your Quest when its lens gets smudged.
The surface can also remove dust and oil smudges from lenses when necessary.
- PREMIUM MATERIALS: Extremely high-quality, soft, microfiber material absorbs and removes dust, oil, smudges, fingerprints, and dirt. Leaves no scratches, streaks, marks, or lint.
- PROTECTIVE: Each pack of MagicFiber comes in their own polybag so that they are always like new and ready to use. Includes 6 MagicFiber Microfiber Cleaning Cloths (5 black, 1 Grey) 6 x 7 inches (15cm x 18cm)
- SAFE TO USE ANYWHERE: Can be used on any delicate surface like LCD TV screens, smart phones and other touch screens, camera lenses and filters, etc. Stores perfectly flat in your tablet case without adding any bulk. Awesome for a camera bag, purse, or eyeglass case.
Oculus Quest 2 Accessories for PC VR Gaming
Oculus Link Cable
The Oculus Link cable is one of the top Quest 2 accessories available today. It enables you to connect your standalone Oculus Quest virtual reality headset into a VR-ready PC. When connected, you can access and play VR games on your Quest through the Oculus Link Beta.
There are also plenty of lower-priced alternatives that you can go for. Just make sure that they meet the technical specifications as set by Oculus. The cable should be a USB-C connection with a 3.0 specification. It must also have sufficient length that enables you to move around without any issues or inconveniences.
The official Oculus Link cable is of very high quality. It is thin, flexible and with a length of 5 meters. It’s an optical USB-C cord. The official cable gives you the assurance of quality, reliability and excellent performance.
- This premium fiber-optic cable delivers exceptional performance for PC VR gaming on your Quest and Quest 2 while simultaneously powering the headset
- Oculus Link connects Oculus Quest and Quest 2 to a gaming PC, giving you access to a wide range of Oculus Rift apps and games
- Optimal length reaches 16 feet (5M), providing a best-in-class experience with flexible, lightweight durability
We don’t have many software Oculus Quest 2 accessories in the list, but Virtual Desktop is an exception. Virtual Desktop is an Oculus Quest app that takes your standard Windows desktop and fully drops it into VR. From home theatre setups to giant floating curved monitors in space, Virtual Desktop has become a huge part of every VR enthusiasts’ daily usage.
Besides games, Virtual Desktop supports 360-degree panoramic photos and videos. You can drag 360-degree photos onto the app’s Photo tab. You can also load 360-degree videos either directly from your hard drive or by pasting a URL into the Video tab.
The number one use for Virtual Desktop is playing SteamVR games off of your computer wirelessly. This makes your Quest a PCVR headset without any hard-wired connection. Grab a new dedicated dual-band router (see below) and you can play games wirelessly without any latency!
Virtual Desktop is robust, extremely customizable, and fun to use too. Click here to check out our full Virtual Desktop on Oculus Quest setup guide.
Tenda AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router
If you plan on using Virtual Desktop, you need to give serious consideration to a dedicated router for minimal latency. The Tenda AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router is a basic Oculus Quest 2 router. This router is easy to setup, fast, and efficient. It help your Oculus Quest’s Virtual Desktop application to connect to your PC for fast game streaming.
Its powerful Broadcom ARM Cortex-A7 CPU and 128 MB DDR3 provides the best performance in both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. With the Beamforming+, built-in high-powered amplifiers and external antennas, you can enjoy lag-free gaming and uninterrupted video streaming anytime anywhere.
The biggest disadvantage to the AC1200 is that it does not have gigabit ports included. This means that your Virtual Desktop internet speed is limited to 100 mbps. This isn’t a dealbreaker for some, but the added cost for the AC10U router below might be worth it for you.
- Get lightning quick connections for all your wireless devices by upgrading to Tenda's enhanced 1200 Mbps high speed Wi fi technology ([email protected] 4GHz [email protected])
- Link up to 20 wireless devices like the Google assistant, Alexa and various steaming devices, simultaneously, while maintaining optimum network conditions
- 4 omni directional antennas with beamforming and Mu Mimo technology, deliver high speed internet throughout your home and provide seamless coverage for up to 2000 Sq. ft.Output：DC 9V1A
Tenda AC10U Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Router
The Tenda AC10U offers extra speed that the AC1200 above can’t. It’s nearly identical in shape and ports, with 4 directional antennas built into the router. The AC10U is a big win because it has gigabit ethernet ports. This means that you can connect and stream on Virtual Desktop up to 1 gbps. That is serious speed!
Amazon regularly has deals on the AC10U which make it closer in price to the AC1200 above.
- Stream in 4K on multiple devices and get lightning-quick connections by upgrading to Tenda's enhanced 1200 Mbps high speed Wi-fi technology ([email protected] 4GHz [email protected])
- Link up to 30 wireless devices like the Google assistant, Alexa and various steaming devices, simultaneously, while maintaining optimum network conditions
- 4 omni-directional antennas with beamforming and Mu-Mimo technology, deliver high-speed internet throughout your home and provide seamless coverage for up to 2000 Sq. ft
Asus RT-AX86U WiFi 6 Router
If you are really serious about playing PCVR games on the Oculus Quest 2 with Virtual Desktop, then consider a full WiFi 6 router. WiFi 6 offers some improved speed and reduced latency features that can help you play PCVR games wirelessly as close to wired VR as possible.
Ports on the AX86U router offer up to 2.5 Gbps. This is the latest in wireless technology and one of the best Oculus Quest 2 accessories you can get your hands on.
NOTE: This WiFi 6 router is only for the Oculus Quest 2. The Oculus Quest 1 does not support WiFi 6.
- New-generation WiFi 6 - Enjoy ultrafast speeds up to 5700 Mbps with the latest WiFi 6 (802.11ax) and 160MHz channels
- Mobile Game Mode - Minimize lag and latency for mobile gaming with just a tap on the ASUS Router app
- True 2 Gbps wired and wireless speeds - Aggregated 2 Gbps WAN connections, wired 2.5 Gbps port and WiFi 6
Which of these Oculus Quest 2 accessories is your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.
If other new Quest 2 accessories are released, let us know too so that we can check them out!