A solid charging dock can provide you with a quick and convenient way to charge up your VR headset when you are done playing. In this guide, I’ll show you the best Oculus Quest 2 charging docks that you should buy today.
Below, I’ll go over each charging stand in more detail, including:
- Key features you should look for
- How much each dock costs
- How to buy the best Quest 2 charging docks today
- Reasons you need a charging dock system today
If you use any of the docks below or another alternative, comment down below and let others know what you would recommend.
The #1 Quest 2 Charging Dock
Anker Oculus Quest 2 Charging Dock
Our pick for the #1 charging dock for the Meta/Oculus Quest 2 is the Anker charging dock. Slick, easy to use, and convenient, this dock charges your headset and controllers. It hide your cables to make things look smooth and is officially endorsed by Meta. Buy yours today and keep your Quest 2 and accessories in a centralized charging spot whenever you aren’t using it.
The Best Oculus Quest 2 Charging Docks
Here is a list of the best docks you can buy today:
- Anker Charging Dock
- NexiGo Enhanced Charging Dock
- AMVR Charging Dock
- Smatree Oculus Quest 2 Charging Dock
- ZyberGears Charging Stand
Let’s dive into each option in more detail.
The Anker Charging Dock is an Oculus Quest 2 power accessory that you can rely on to organize and charge your headset and controllers simultaneously. The Anker Charging Dock is a cool-looking stand that can neatly hold your Oculus Quest 2 controllers and headsets and get them ready for the next gaming session. With this charging dock, you won’t have to worry about running out of battery while playing VR games.
Additionally, the Anker Charging Dock come with replacement covers for your controllers. They have a charging port that slips directing into the dock so that you don’t need batteries anymore.
This charging dock is equipped with overcharge protection – it turns off as soon as your Quest 2 charges to 100%. Plus, it keeps things neatly organized. You won’t notice any cable tangles or cables dangling while charging you charge your Quest 2.
Overall, the Anker Charging Dock is an elegant solution for VR enthusiasts who spend lots of time playing with their Quest 2. The Dock keeps everything organized while keeping your controllers and headsets fully charged. It is also the only dock on our list that is endorsed by Meta.
- Features overcharge protection, overload protection, and over current protection to safely charge your devices.
- Charges your headset and controllers in just 2.5 hours from empty.
- Helps reduce cable tangles.
What I Like
I liked the fact that after completing a full charge, the Anker Charging Dock is smart enough to keep the Quest 2 and controllers a little bit below 100% charge to protect the battery. Plus, Meta’s endorsement and partnership with Anker is a good option for those that want the most official option.
- Effortless Charging: Simply place your Oculus Quest 2 headset and Touch controllers onto the dock to charge.
- Officially Certified: Oculus Ready certified to work flawlessly with Oculus Quest 2.
- High-Speed Charging: Fully charge your headset and controllers in just 2.5 hours.
The NexiGo Enhanced Charging Dock is a powerful stand that can hold and charge your Quest 2, two Touch Controllers, and the Elite Strap simultaneously. It can fully charge your Quest 2 within 3.5 hours and your Touch Controllers in less than 2.5 hours.
This charging station comes with a controller battery cover and an 1850mAh rechargeable battery for each controller to save you the stress of replacing batteries. This battery pack for the controllers makes a lot of sense and is a feature I wish Meta implemented from the start.
The NexiGo Enhanced Charging Dock has LED status lights that indicate the charging status of your headset and controllers. The included magnetic USB-C connector connects directly to your Quest 2 to aid easy and smooth repeated charging.
Additionally, it stores your headset and controllers in one convenient location with no cable dangling. This helps to keep your gaming area organized and neat.
- Can fully charge your Quest 2 in about 3.5 hours and Touch Controllers in less than 2.5 hours.
- The controller covers save you from endless battery replacement.
- Works with the official Elite Strap
- The colored lights and stylish design add aesthetic to your VR display.
What I Like
I liked that the charging dock charges my Quest 2 even with the Elite Head Strap attached. Things also look clean on this dock.
- 【Designed for the Elite Gamer】Built to charge the Oculus Quest 2, the Elite Strap, and two Touch Controllers simultaneously, the NexiGo S20 Charging Dock is designed with the Elite Gamer in mind.【Note:】It's not compatible with controller grips.
- 【Lightning Speed Charge】Fully charge your Oculus headset in ~3.5 hours and Touch Controllers in ~2.5 hours. The included magnetic USB-C connector remains in the Oculus Quest 2 for easy use charging. Rechargeable batteries and controller covers save you from endless battery replacement, saving you money.
- 【Convenient LED Indicators】The Oculus Quest 2 Charging Station is designed with status lights in the support column and on the left and right sides of the base to indicate the charging status of the docked headset or controllers.
The AMVR Charging Dock is a lightweight and portable charging stand that you can use to power your Quest 2 and controllers, letting you enjoy more gaming time. The AMVR Charging Dock has a USB port at the base from where you can plug your device through a charging cable.
With the AMVR Charging Dock, you won’t have to waste time removing anti-throw straps and changing batteries. It takes about 3.5 hours to fully charge your Quest 2.
This charging station can charge adjustable wrist knuckle controllers and is equipped with a LED charge indicator that lets you know the charging status of your headset and controllers. The indicators are:
- charging: red light flashing
- standby state: yellow light
- fully charged: green light.
If you charge your headset and controllers together, this charging dock will prioritize the headset and then charge the controllers after the headset is fully charged.
The AMVR Charging Dock comes with 2 rechargeable batteries to save time and reduce removing the panel on the controller. It is also customized to the size of Quest 2.
- This charging station solves the trouble of battery replacement of controllers.
- Equipped with extra controller grips to protect your Quest 2 during a game.
- Can fully charge your devices within 3 hours.
What I Like
I liked that the built-in straps make the controllers feel much more secure during a game. They are a nice bonus thrown in with this charging dock, which does its job to house your QUest 2 when it’s not in use.
- Complete Charging Dock for Your Oculus Quest 2 -- AMVR Charging Station easily charges your Oculus Quest 2 adjustable wrist knuckle strap controllers, and solves the trouble of Battery Replacement of controllers. The Quest 2 VR headset can be charged from the USB port of the base. No need to purchase additional charging equipment, the charging station can meet the charging needs of your headset and controllers
- Easy to Use -- With the included rechargeable battery and custom covers, simply place the Oculus Quest 2 Touch Controllers on the magnetic charging dock to charge, bringing you a better gaming experience, which avoids the trouble of replacing anti-throw straps and batteries
- Fast and Safe Charging -- The Oculus Quest 2 Charging Station charges the VR headset first, then the Oculus Quest 2 controllers. Our product only takes 3 hours to fully charge the quest 2 touch controllers with wrist straps. Included 2* rechargeable AA batteries have built-in overcharge protection, No heat and very durable, no harm to your VR controllers
The Smatree Oculus Quest 2 Charging Dock can charge your Quest 2 and controllers from 0% to 100% in just 2.5 hours. It’s been recently updated to fit an Elite Strap and comes with two 1800 mAh rechargeable batteries for your controllers to not only save you money, but protect the environment.
With its elegant and slim design, the Smatree Oculus Quest 2 Charging Dock can neatly store your Quest 2 and keep your devices organized. In the box, you will get a charging dock, 2 battery covers, 1 USB-C, 2 rechargeable AA batteries, and 1 extension cord.
When the dock is finished charging your hardware, it has an LED indicator light that changes from red to green. The Smatree charges a bit faster than other options on this list.
- This dock charges your headset and controllers simultaneously.
- Can keep your headset and controllers organized.
- When fully charged, the charging dock shuts down automatically.
What I Like
I liked that after playing games, you can securely store your headset and controllers with the Smatree Oculus Quest 2 charging dock. Fitting the elite strap is a nice perk that makes this dock worth looking at.
- 【2.5H Fast Charging】 The Smatree charging station can fully charge compatible for headset and controllers in just 2.5 hours.NOTE: Our Item Not Including Headset and Control.
- ❂❂❂【Updated Perfectly fit for Elite Strap with Battery】(NOTE:This product is updated version that add a extension cable, Fit for Elite Strap with Battery. The customers who have purchased our previous version please contact us in time, we will arrange the extension cable for you.) This Smatree Charging Dock is compatible not only with the headset and controllers, but it also perfectly fits the Elite Strap with battery.
- 【2 × 1800 mAh Rechargeable Batteries & 2000+ Recycle Times 】Our headset display holder and controller mount stand has 2 × 1800 mA rechargeable AA controller batteries, and it can be recharged up to 2000+ times. They are designed for you not to just save money, but to also protect our enviroment.
The ZyberGears charging stand is a colorful charging station with a wall-hanging option. It can also serve as a storage bracket for your Quest 2 and controllers. This charging dock is not designed for charging your controllers, only the headset.
It is equipped with a magnetic charging connector for easy installation. To charge your headset, simply plug in the USB-C charging connector into your headset and place the headset on the charging dock to charge.
One of the most amazing features of this charging dock is that once your headset is fully charged, it automatically shuts off power to the headset, protecting the headset from overcharging and extending battery life.
Overall, this stand is a nice budget option for those people that don’t want to spend a whole lots of money. With only hundreds of reviews vs thousands on other options in this list though, you might get what you pay for.
- Has a colorful breathing light to keep your VR system beautiful.
- Can fully charge your Quest 2 in about 3 hours.
- Automatic power-off when fully charged.
What I Like
Instead of sitting on a desk or table, I liked the wall-hanging feature to avoid clutter and save more space. The lighting is a cool feature, though maybe slightly tacky for most users.
- 🔥[Must Have Accessories for Oculus Quest 2] This white charging dock is specifically designed for Oculus Quest 2 which is featuring smooth line design, colorful breathing light. It is not only a charging station but also a lovely VR headset stand for storage Oculus Quest 2 headset and controllers.
- 🔥[Strong Magnetic Attraction Charging Design] Insert the magnetic connector into the charging port. Place your headset into the charging station for quest2 to charge by connect the USB-C charging port.
- 🔥[Fast Charging,Overcharge Protection] Fully charged in about 3 hours for your Oculus Quest 2 headset. Automatic power-off when fully charged. Please note: the breathing light will keep on with no charge until power off.
What is an Oculus Quest 2 Charging Dock?
An Oculus Quest 2 charging dock is a device that allows you to charge your Oculus Quest 2 while keeping it safe and protected. These docks come in many different shapes, sizes, colors, and styles. Some are made specifically for the Quest 2, others work with any type of VR headset. Some even allow you to charge your headset without having to remove it from its carrying case.
Because these docks are so versatile, there are a lot of different types available. Here are some examples of what you might find:
A charging dock that sits on top of your desk or stands up on a shelf.
A charging dock that fits inside your backpack or bag.
A charging dock with a built-in handle for carrying around.
A charging dock with a wall-mounting option.
How Do You Know Which One Is Right For You?
There are several things you should consider before buying a charging dock for your Oculus Quest 2. First, make sure you’re getting the right size for your headset. If you have an elite strap, you’ll want to make sure that your dock supports it.
Second, if you want to use the charging dock with your controller, make sure it has a compatible charging port and replaceable covers for your controllers. Most docks will be able to connect to both your headset and controller, but some may only support one or the other.
Third, look at the design of the dock itself. Does it feel sturdy enough to hold your headset? Are the cables well hidden? How does it look?
Finally, make sure you get a dock that supports fast charging. Many docks charge slowly because they aren’t designed for high speed charging. However, if you need to charge quickly, you should go with a dock that supports fast charge.
Key Features to Look For in a Charging Dock
The following guide will help you choose which charging dock is best for you.
This is probably the first question you’ll ask yourself when looking for a charging dock. There are two main options: large and small. Large docks can fit larger headsets like the Rift S, whereas smaller docks can fit smaller headsets like the Quest 2.
When choosing between a large and small charging dock, think about how much room you have for your headset. A large dock will take up more space than a small dock. Also, make sure you have enough room to place your headset on top of the dock.
Does the dock feel solid? Is it easy to carry around? Will it fit comfortably in your backpack or bag? What kind of materials do you see used in its construction?
If you plan on using this dock with a controller, pay attention to how easily you can access the ports. Some docks have ports that require removing the cover, while others have ports that slide out of their housing.
You don’t necessarily need a brand name on the dock. However, brand recognition will give you a little extra piece of mind. Anker is known for making high quality accessories for electronics, so your Quest 2 will stay safe.
Unknown brands will generally be a little cheaper to buy. They may also include some newer and more innovative features that big brands haven’t picked up on yet.
Some docks will only work with the Quest 1 or Quest 2. This is because the spot where the USB-C port is slightly different on each headset. Make sure you check that the dock works with your headset before you buy it.
Most people won’t notice any difference in charging speeds between a slow charger and a fast charger. However, there are times when you might need to charge faster. If you’re planning on doing long gaming sessions or watching movies, you’ll want to invest in a dock that charges quickly.
Why Should You Buy an Oculus Quest 2 Charging Dock
Out of all the Oculus Quest 2 accessories you can buy, why should a charging dock be near the top of your list? Here are a few reasons why you should buy one today:
- You’ll have a single and centralized spot to store your VR headset and controllers.
- Most charging docks allow you to hide your cables.
- Most docks come with new controller battery covers so that your controllers become rechargeable.
- You will automatically charge your headset when it’s not in use.
No matter what your reason is, a charging dock is a solid an convenient way to store your Quest 2 when its not in use.
In conclusion, if you have an Oculus Quest 2, you should definitely consider buying a charging dock. They’re pretty expensive, but they’re worth every penny.
Not only will they charge your headset fast when you are done using it, but they also come with a built-in stand that makes it easier to use.
If you picked up any of the docks in our list above, comment down below and let us know what you went with.