Shooting games are the most popular games in the VR community. VR gun controllers add a level of immersion you can’t get with your regular VR controllers. If you want to know what the best virtual reality gun are, you’ve come to the right place.
Below, we break down the best guns for the Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Playstation VR, and Samsung Gear VR. Before then, let’s highlight some features of a good VR gun. This way, you’ll know what to look out for when you hit the market.
Share our infographic below on social media by hovering over the image or clicking on mobile.
- Important Features Of a Good VR Gun Controller
- Best HTC Vive Gun
- Best Oculus Rift Gun
- Best PlayStation VR Gun
- Best VR Shooting Games
Important Features Of a Good VR Gun Controller
The following are important features of a good VR gun controller:
Any VR gun without haptic feedback is not a good controller. Haptic feedback makes it seem like you are using a real gun by giving you subtle touch sensations when you shoot.
A good VR gun should be able to connect wirelessly to a VR headset. One of the biggest complaints about virtual reality is the need to tether your headset to a nearby computer (except for the Oculus Quest). You don’t want to add another wire from your gun controller too,
Batteries are an important part of a VR gun controller. A good VR gun should have rechargeable batteries for ease of use. Even better if those batteries plug into a standard mini-USB or USB-C port.
A good VR gun should have high accuracy when using it. If you are spending a lot of money on a custom controller, there shouldn’t be any misfire!
A good VR gun should be the right weight to use. You don’t want the gun to be as heavy as the real thing or else using it will feel like a chore. If the gun feels too light and cheap it won’t feel like it should.
Fast Response Time
A good VR gun should register a shot immediately when you pull the trigger. Even fully wireless guns should have minimal delay before shot and reaction.
Best HTC Vive Gun
1. BeswinVR M4 VR Rifle Gun
- Tips: BeswinVR stock is NOT compatible with HTC Cosmos elite or Oculus Quest Controller, ONLY adapter for HTC vive controller, a Must- have accessories in VR Arcade, Well-built ABS Stock body ( Not 3D print), Long life commercial-use, Increase Customer return rate.
- With BeswinVR, Lightweight 1.7LB (0.78kg), adjustable buttstock, ABS injection plastic, without any haptic feedback, Magnets for front vive controller to increase aim accuracy. (Vive controller is not included with order).
- The front magnets and buttstock is adjustable to hold VR aim Stock immersive in Game.
Step up your VR game with the BestwinVR M4 Assault Rifle for the HTC Vive. Beswin has worked hard to create a realistic and lifelike gun weapon for virtual reality gamers. You can also buy hardcore field accessories like the sniper’s bi-pod attachment for this gun. It delivers a seamless VR experience for serious first-person shooter players. Aiming with this gun is very accurate and lifelike.
The BeswinVR is like holding a real weapon in your hands. Buy this virtual reality gun and play games like Arizona Sunshine, Hover Junkers, and Space Pirate Trainer the way they’re meant to be played.
BeswinVR also makes this rifle with some different trim options. They have a VR pistol gun to order as well, for those who want something a little smaller. In the future, they plan releasing a rifle that is compatible with the Oculus Quest and Rift S.
The only thing missing on this M4 gun is a high powered actuator for realistic recoil. However, the NewScar VR Rifle does have this feature.
- Performs like real gun for ultimate virtual reality gaming
- It comes with high-powered actuator that delivers real life recoil with every shot
- Auto-zoom aiming for long-range sniper shots
- Battery life reportedly degrades over time
#2. Arena Infinity Lite
The Arena Infinite Lite is another popular VR gun controller for the HTC Vive. Striker VR is the creator of this masterpiece haptic VR gun.
The Arena Infinity is able to simulate the fire of various weapon modes. It is also great at providing other haptic effects to the player. The wireless controller uses a linear accelerator to provide haptic effects and is said to offer players a powerful kick to simulate gun recoil. Everything from the aim to the trigger to the feel is all very lifelike.
The Infinite Lite is the second model of VR gun the company has released. This new version has improved weight and balance and is more durable as well. A charging station and rechargable batteries are included as well.
- Comfortable to use
- Plenty of customizing options
- Compatible with lots of games
- Repairs and replacements are difficult
Best Oculus Rift Gun
3. Oculus Quest/Rift S Double Handle Bracket Rifle Gun
- The gun is 3D printing product!
- It is normal for some parts to have burrs or blemishes, which are different from those with smooth surface.
- Retractable butt length
If you are looking for a good gun for the Oculus Rift, there aren’t many options available. This double handle VR gun is reasonably priced and comes with some really good features.
This gun works with the Oculus Quest or Rift S controllers. The existing controllers slip into place with magnets and become your grips to hold on to. You’ll be happy to know that the controller can respond to your actual movements.
The double handle bracket controller is very ergonomic and feels comfortable in gameplay for long periods. The installation process is very easy. Plus, the gun feels sturdy and durable too.
- Compatible with almost every VR game
- Tracking abilities for both hands while in-game
- Comfortable to use.
- Not branded
Best PlayStation VR Gun
4. Playstation VR Aim Gun
- Precise and intuitive aiming for compatible PlayStation VR shooter games
- Advanced motion sensing and light tracking technology
- Ergonomic two handed control
The PlayStation Aim controller offers an official Playstation VR gun controller for your shooting games. This gun controller is a holder that lets you place your PS VR controller inside of it. Once secure, you use it as your tracker to aim.
The Aim Controller is smaller than the higher quality VR guns and doesn’t have the same feel of a real gun. However, the design is comfortable to hold. It also has buttons strategically placed around the device to simulate other parts of a gun.
- Immersive shooting games in the PlayStation VR
- Comfortable design
- Impossible to “accidentally throw”
- Does not feel like a real gun.
Best VR Shooting Games
Once you buy your VR gun controller, you’ll want to know some of the VR games you can try it out with.
We have a full guide of top multiplayer VR games which include some awesome shooting games.
As well, here are some of the best VR shooting games:
- Arizona sunshine
- Super hot
- Robo Recall
- Half Life: Alyx
- Space Pirate Train
- Rec Room
- Firewall: Zero Hour
- Eve: Valkyrie
- Lone Echo
- Bone Works
- Gun Club VR
- Pavlov VR
- Pistol Whip
All of these VR gun controllers were built perfectly to emulate the sensation of using an actual gun. They are also incredibly comfortable to use. Each gun has features to simulate the immersion of aiming, reloading, and firing.
No matter if you have an Oculus, HTC, or Playstation VR headset, there is a gun for you above. Which of these controllers is your favorite? Let us know your thoughts by commenting below!