Shooting games are some of the most popular games in VR. VR gun controllers add a level of immersion you can’t get with your regular VR controllers. If you want to know what the best virtual reality gun stocks are, you’ve come to the right place.
Before then, let’s highlight some features of a good VR gun. This way, you’ll know what to look out for when you hit the market.
- The Best VR Gun Controllers
- Best VR Shooting Games
- Important Features Of a Good VR Gun Controller
The Best VR Gun Controllers
- Glistco Magni VR Gun Stock
- CROSSMETA VR Gun Rifle
- Oculus Quest Double Handle Bracket Rifle Gun
- Esimen VR Game Gun
- BeswinVR Scar VR Rifle Gun
- Arena Infinity Light
- Oculus Rift S Magni VR Gun
- Playstation Aim Controller
Best Meta Quest Gun Stock
Glistco makes a VR gun controller for both the Oculus/Meta Quest 2 and 1. Be careful which one you buy, since they are slightly different to match the different angles on the halo of each controller. We list them both below for you to check out!
The Glistco Magni has really quick installation with high strength magnets. Once they are in place, you can jump into a game and play. The gun stock is made with lightweight material that feels comfortable. It comes with an easily adjustable two point sling made out of nylon.
For the Oculus Quest, the Magni is the most popular VR gun controller.
- ✅Magni Stock - Ultimate Vr gun stock for oculus quest 2, enhanced immersion and gameplay accuracy
- ✅Quick-Lock: Hovering over the oculus quest 2 rifle stock allows you to lock your controllers onto the stock easily with magnets. This will allow you to change weapons, reload or throw items
- ✅Feather Light: The carbon tubes are super light yet extremely durable for long lasting gameplay
- Neodymium magnets: High Pull magnets keep your controllers locked in place, while still being able to easily bend the controller off when necessary.
- Quick-Lock: Hovering over the stock magnets will allow you to quickly lock your controllers onto the stock with ease.
- Feather Light: These carbon tubes are super light, yet extremely durable and are made for action!
Best VR Gun Stock with Shoulder Strap
The CROSSMETA is a magnetic VR gun stock that holds your controllers in place with strong magnets. The stock has been designed so that you can still reach all of the buttons on the controller when it is installed. And you can load the controllers into the stock in either order and direction.
One feature I really like on the CROSSMETA is the included shoulder strap. This helps you stabilize your aim and doesn’t make the stock tiring to hold after long periods.
Some reviews complain about a low build quality, but I think you get what you pay for here.
- 🆕【Fit Both Oculus Quest 1 and Quest 2 Generation 】: Compatible for left and right controllers ,no extra tools needed. Works with wide range of weapons,beginner friendly.
- 🆕【Left and Right Controllers Both Reload Design】: Easy to recharge reload and replace the joystick in the right place with the integrated magnet,Both controllers could be reload during your game sessions.It also allows you to use more weapons with ironsights + bolt action.
- 🆕【Climb Up the Leaderboard】: Shooting games have never felt so real,due to the stable gun holder it will increase your immersion and level up your aim .Give you an edge over your opponents,aim down your sights like never before.
Best Oculus Quest 1 Gun Stock
If you are looking for a good gun for the Oculus Quest, there aren’t many options available. This double handle VR gun is reasonably priced and comes with some really good features.
This gun works with the Oculus Quest or Rift S controllers. The existing controllers slip into place with magnets and become your grips to hold on to. You’ll be happy to know that the controller can respond to your actual movements.
This VR gun stock only works with the Oculus Quest 1.
The double handle bracket controller is very ergonomic and feels comfortable in gameplay for long periods. The installation process is very easy. Plus, the gun feels sturdy and durable too.
- Compatible with almost every VR game
- Tracking abilities for both hands while in-game
- Comfortable to use.
- Not branded
Best Oculus Quest Pistol Gun
For those that don’t want a full rifle, the Esimen game gun makes your Oculus Quest 2 look and feel like s pistol. It aims to blend in to the controllers with the same white color and improve the center of gravity and weight ratio balance. This game gun has a friction lock that is easy to install and remove.
When you play a gun game, such as Pistol Whip, your eyes will now look down the barrel of the gun. It feels more immersive and natural in your hands. The design is patented and specially designed for Oculus Quest 2 controllers.
- ✅【Ergonomically tested to fit 】Quest 2 controllers feature new look and feel with upgraded ergonomics; this brand new pistol design aim to blend in but accentuate the white color scheme along with improved center of gravity and weight ratio balance.
- ✅【Three-piece design】Friction lock and needless of a lock pin-Easy to install and remove. Full buttons access will not scratch the device itself. Protect the controllers from being dropped and bumped. Comfortable, durable, and easy to clean.
- ✅【Better VR Experience】 When you play shooter games, your eyes see a pistol but you're feeling a controller, and that disconnects you and makes it less immersive since the native controllers are meant to be "one size fit all" solution.
Best HTC Vive Gun Stock
Step up your VR game with the BestwinVR ScarVR Assault Rifle for the HTC Vive. Beswin has worked hard to create a realistic and lifelike gun weapon for virtual reality gamers. You can also buy hardcore field accessories like the sniper’s bi-pod attachment for this gun. It delivers a seamless VR experience for serious first-person shooter players. Aiming with this gun is very accurate and lifelike.
The BeswinVR is like holding a real weapon in your hands. Buy this virtual reality gun and play games like Arizona Sunshine, Hover Junkers, and Space Pirate Trainer the way they’re meant to be played.
The only thing missing on this M4 gun is a high powered actuator for realistic recoil. However, the NewScar VR Rifle does have this feature.
- Performs like real gun for ultimate virtual reality gaming
- It comes with high-powered actuator that delivers real life recoil with every shot
- Auto-zoom aiming for long-range sniper shots
- Battery life reportedly degrades over time
- NewScar Rifle+ Vive tracker 2.0 (Order not included), Compatible tracking: SteamVR 1.0, 2.0 Station base; Compatible VR HMD: Vive 1.0, vive pro 2.0, Valve Index, Pimax 5k 8k. NOT compatible: Oculus Rift/S / Quest/, Vive Focus/ Cosmos, Windows Mixed Reality, Samsung Odyssey, Lenovo Explorer, Acer, HP, Dell .......etc Other inside-out tracking device.
- ScarVR Rifle need Vive Tracker 2.0 to work but not included, easy to buy in amazon ASIN: B0748ZY323. Rifle don't support Vive tracker 1.0 2017 version.
- Registered brand and utility model patent was in protection Amazon 9 sites, follow selling or copy list without authorization is not allowed and punished by amazon seriously.
Best Futuristic VR Gun Stock
The Arena Infinite Lite is another popular VR gun controller for the HTC Vive. Striker VR is the creator of this masterpiece haptic VR gun.
The Arena Infinity is able to simulate the fire of various weapon modes. It is also great at providing other haptic effects to the player. The wireless controller uses a linear accelerator to provide haptic effects and is said to offer players a powerful kick to simulate gun recoil. Everything from the aim to the trigger to the feel is all very lifelike.
The Infinite Lite is hard to find and at times, the Strike VR website doesn’t not give out great information. The company has said that they are working on a more consumer-friendly VR gun stock that will be available soon.
- Comfortable to use
- Plenty of customizing options
- Compatible with lots of games
- Repairs and replacements are difficult
Best Oculus Rift S VR Gun Stock
This VR gun stock is the same one found under the Oculus Quest section above. It is compatible with Oculus Rift and Rift S motion controllers.
- Carbon Fiber Rifle Stock
- Feather Light Carbon Materials
- Improves immersion and game play
Best Playstation VR Gun Stock
The PlayStation Aim controller offers an official Playstation VR gun controller for your shooting games. This gun controller is a holder that lets you place your PS VR controller inside of it. Once secure, you use it as your tracker to aim.
The Aim Controller is smaller than the higher quality VR guns and doesn’t have the same feel of a real gun. However, the design is comfortable to hold. It also has buttons strategically placed around the device to simulate other parts of a gun.
- Immersive shooting games in the PlayStation VR
- Comfortable design
- Impossible to “accidentally throw”
- Does not feel like a real gun.
- Precise and intuitive aiming for compatible PlayStation VR shooter games
- Advanced motion sensing and light tracking technology
- Ergonomic two handed control
Best VR Shooting Games
Important Features Of a Good VR Gun Controller
The following are important features of a good VR gun controller:
Any VR gun without haptic feedback is not a good controller. Haptic feedback makes it seem like you are using a real gun by giving you subtle touch sensations when you shoot.
A good VR gun should be able to connect wirelessly to a VR headset. One of the biggest complaints about virtual reality is the need to tether your headset to a nearby computer (except for the Oculus Quest). You don’t want to add another wire from your gun controller too,
Batteries are an important part of a VR gun controller. A good VR gun should have rechargeable batteries for ease of use. Even better if those batteries plug into a standard mini-USB or USB-C port.
A good VR gun should have high accuracy when using it. If you are spending a lot of money on a custom controller, there shouldn’t be any misfire!
A good VR gun should be the right weight to use. You don’t want the gun to be as heavy as the real thing or else using it will feel like a chore. If the gun feels too light and cheap it won’t feel like it should.
Fast Response Time
A good VR gun should register a shot immediately when you pull the trigger. Even fully wireless guns should have minimal delay before shot and reaction.
Once you buy your VR gun stock, you’ll want to know some of the VR games you can try it out with.
We have a full guide of top multiplayer VR games which include some awesome shooting games.
As well, here are some of the best VR shooting games:
- Population: ONE
- Pistol Whip
- Arizona Sunshine
- Superhot VR
- Robo Recall
- Half Life: Alyx
- Space Pirate Train
- Rec Room
- Firewall: Zero Hour
- Eve: Valkyrie
- Lone Echo
- Bone Works
- Gun Club VR
- Pavlov VR
- Pistol Whip
All of these VR gun controllers were built perfectly to emulate the sensation of using an actual gun. They are also incredibly comfortable to use. Each gun has features to simulate the immersion of aiming, reloading, and firing.
No matter if you have an Oculus Quest, Rift S, HTC Vive, or Playstation VR headset, there is a gun for you above. Which of these gun stocks is your favorite? Let us know your thoughts by commenting below!